3.1

chapter five

♠️♥️♣️♦️

"There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins."

– Ecclesiastes

s p e n c e r

This week, the team had traveled to Atlanta to find a religious killing team. This team had set up web cameras to record and then post their murders on the internet. Later they had come to realize that the team was not a team yet it was a man with split personalities. The team had soon gotten a lead by the man of Tobias Hankel. Spencer, Laurel, and J.J. had gone to meet with the man but had soon come to realize that the man was indeed the unsub. As they split up to investigate, two out of the three of them had found themselves to soon be defeated by Tobias Hankel. He had taken them out, and kidnapped them, taking them to a shed.

When Spencer came to, be found Tobais Hankel standing over him. He could feel the blood dripping down his forehead as the man spoke.

"They're gone," Tobais said to him.

"Who are they?" Spencer asked calmly, his eyes wincing at the light in his face.

"It's just me now."

"Who... who are you?" Spencer asked as he looked forward and his darting eyes began to scan the room. In search of one thing. One person.

"I'm Raphael," The man answered as Spencer's gaze stopped at a figure on his right.

"What's that smell?" He asked as he scanned the unconscious figure for injuries. She was limp on the ground, her hands tied to the pole behind her and her legs tied together in front of her. Her lip slowly bled and there  were indents on her arm- as if someone's nails had been dug into her skin.

"They're burning fish hearts and livers," Raphael answered. "Keeps away the devil. They believe you can see inside men's minds."

"It's not true," Spencer says, finally facing him once again. "I study human behavior."

"I'm not interested in the arguments of men," Raphael said as he pulled out a bullet from the gun in his hand. "You know what this is?" He held up a bullet in front of Spencer.

"It's god's will," Raphael simply answered, putting the bullet back in, then pointing the gun at him.

"You don't have to do this," Spencer argues but Raphael ignores him.