II

Zoya lifted her head to gaze at Aditya, few strands of hair falling across her eyes. Aditya's eyes were that of a darker shade, mysterious and uncanny as he kept glancing at her. It was at that fine moment Zoya felt her heart sink. She felt as if everything has come to an end and there's no going back for her.

She wished that Aditya would hold her hands softly, stare in to her eyes and ask her why is she leaving the city in a rush, moving away with her family left behind in Mumbai. Why was she leaving him for Christ's sake!

So many unanswered questions stoned in his heart, Zoya knew but he's one stubborn guy who wouldn't open his mouth to know the truth. She had simply told him the last time she announced to him about her future plans that she needs a break from everything in her life and Aditya, being the loyal friend had accepted her decision by assuring that if she needs him at any point, he'll come running to her.

He is Aditya Hooda after all, someone who cannot be easily predicted. He had always been like that and him changing in the near future without her being around him was something Zoya could agree upon with closed eyes and somewhere in her heart, she didn't want him to change. He was perfect the way he is.

Aditya coughed a little breaking the eye-contact they were sharing and Zoya felt worried instantly. She started patting his back affectionately gaping at his face to see whether he's doing fine.

"Are you OK Aditya? Shall I fetch you some water?", came her soothing voice, which made Aditya feel a certain amount of peace and he shook his head vehemently in a 'no'. The little concern Zoya showered for something as small as coughing was enough for his heart to warm up.

He badly wanted Zoya to admit the reason behind leaving Mumbai herself, without waiting for him to ask her but he was adamant in his decision to not pester her, asking about the departure which might make Zoya feel hurt the last moment before they get separated.

"Uh..", his voice gentle and Zoya looked at him with hope in her eyes, "Yeah?", she mumbled.

A faint smile adorned Aditya's face, a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. Zoya slowly took away her hand and touched her skirt uneasily.

"We gotta.. uh.. I mean.. um.. we gotta go to the check-in right? We're already late because of the traffic..", Aditya's voice stuttered awkwardly, unable to decipher what could be Zoya's sudden reaction to his question. Zoya's tiny hope gave away as he mentioned to her about leaving. She looked at her feet immediately and nodded her head quickly.

"Yes of course", whispered Zoya.

As they walked towards the check-in, Aditya sauntering unsteadily pulling Zoya's bag with the wheels with Zoya behind him, the scene unfolding in front of their eyes was something which made both their hearts feel uneasy and made their pace slow down.

People were hugging each other goodbye while some were crying and others were exchanging moments before they get separated. It was not a memory that could be forgotten pretty soon because Airports were the main juncture for departures from loved ones. That's when it hit Aditya and Zoya hard that this was finally it, the time to look at each other for one last time.

Zoya's body shivered at the thought and she looked at Aditya moving towards the check-in with no care in the world. At least that's what she predicted about his situation, unaware of the burning pain he himself was trying to overcome. She instantly checked her watch to notice that for her luck, they still have some time before she leaves the country.

Without wasting a second, she rushed in front of Aditya and stopped him. Aditya backed-off at once, startled with Zoya's strange behaviour.

"Aditya, there's time!", she fidgeted, "uh.. Thirty more minutes?", relief in her voice.