III

A heart break. What does that exactly mean? 

Heartbreaks are bound to hurt and it's nothing easy to deal with along the way. The essence of losing someone who has been closer to your heart since what felt like forever, the feeling of letting go. That someone whom you're used to, someone about whom you dearly care about and would be willing to go to any extent to keep him or her safe, protected from every negative force. Someone whom you presumed would be yours for an eternity. 

Someone with the indisputable capability of healing your wounded heart, someone who without even trying lightens up your soul like no other and brings an instant smile on your face. Someone whose mere name is enough to make you feel like the luckiest person in the entire world.

But out of nowhere one day, that certain someone whom you have special feelings stored in your heart for leaves you hanging. Nothing is in your hands which you could change to bring that person back in to your life. Maybe due to a small misunderstanding, an argument or whatever that has taken place before.

It is one of the most excruciating experiences someone will have to go through in the journey of life. That's why perhaps they say that life is a roller coaster ride, what awaits you is unpredictable. For someone who is having a heartbreak, it feels as if nothing is going perfect in their life and nor will it change in the future. The entire world seems a massive dark hole, which seems to be dragging you towards it.

Everything seems to have stopped and it feels empty in your heart with the death of all sane emotions. You have feelings for the one who has left you but that certain someone hasn't given it a single thought what you might go through, once you'll be left alone without their presence.

Zoya Siddiqui somehow knew that leaving her best friend behind can result in hurting both his and her souls and crush their hearts beyond measure but she had no other choice than moving on in her life by avoiding the situation.

Moving on from her past life, past experiences, past memories whether they're good or bad. Specially the moments she spent with people who are closer to her. It made no sense, no particular difference now that her decision has been made.

She adjusted the strap of her handbag while her other hand touched the trolley handle with shaking fingers as she was getting ready to say a final goodbye to Aditya. Aditya's eyes slowly moved downwards to take a look at Zoya's wobbling hand and he went with his instincts as he immediately placed his hand on top of hers, for the umpteenth time which made Zoya panic and stare at Aditya, widening her eyes. Her heart stuttered as she understood his grim state and she knew she was responsible for it.

"Zoya, strange isn't it?", he whispered, determination visible in his orbs.

"Wha.. what Aditya?", Zoya gushed delicately, not giving any wrong idea to Aditya by making him realize that she was having two ideas of leaving. Her voice saturated with tears. He observed her beautiful hazel eyes, an ocean of emotions, making himself drown in them for perhaps one last time.

As Zoya realized that Aditya has been staring at her attentively, she broke their eye contact and looked elsewhere. Aditya lifted his hands and placed them touching her cheeks ever so delicately. She had no other option than turn her face to stare at her best friend's handsome features.

'Zoya, we met at a time when both of us were going through a misery that was hard to take in and with time, we got used to each other. We finally agreed with the horrible fact, the truth of our lives that we were going through the same situation and moved on. I had you with me all this time, throughout our journey of ups and downs and it's because of you Zoya, because you suggested that I need to have some time for myself to digest the past, the trauma I had to go through unfortunately which made me pack my bags the next morning like this one day, like today and leave for Paris", Aditya breathed soundly which made Zoya's body numb.