19

"So you see, Alex's mom and dad are... quite traditional", Margaret said. She, Alex and Ryel are now sitting in the living room, with Ryel and Alex sitting across her.

"Traditional, like 1950's traditional?" Ryel asked. Living for hundreds of years, he's quite used with traditional humans. Though this is his first time actually encountering them upclose.

"Like that", Margaret replied. "We raised Lauren the way we raised Alex. But for some reason, she changed when she met Finley", she added.

Ryel's brows furrowed. "Lauren?"

"My mom", Alex replied.

"Oh", Ryel blurted. Margaret looked at him.

"Anything wrong, Ryel?"

"Nothing", Ryel answered.

"Babe?" Alex asked in suspicion.

Ryel looked at Alex. "She just looked familiar to me when I saw her earlier, that's why."

"You know, back before she met Finley, she had a friend. A neighbor of ours. His name was... uh... Ren? Eren? Something like that. My memory don't really quite remember. They were really good friends. Not to the point where they look like together though."

"Oh. What happened then? He could've just became my dad", Alex said and laughed.

"He just disappeared one day. I can remember Lauren crying the whole day after reading his letter. She only forgot him when she met Finley."

"Too bad", Alex sighed. Ryel  firmly held Alex's hand.

"Hmm?" Alex looked at Ryel.

"If your dad didn't meet your mom, you'd never be here."

Margaret smiled. "Ryel's right. You better not wish your parents never met."

Alex laughed. "It was a joke!"

Ryel smiled a little.

"Ryel, you sure you're alright?" Alex asked, starting to get suspicious.

"Yeah I'm alright, I swear", Ryel replied.

"Do you want me to get something for you to drink?" Margaret asked. She's starting o feel something is wrong with Ryel. Something wrong.. and familiar.

Alex put a hand on Ryel's forehead.

"Are you sick?"

Ryel laughed. "Mushroom, no."

"You two are quite the sweet view", Margaret said. "I hope you two will stay that way."

"I'll make sure to do that", Ryel responded while smiling. He looked at his watch.

"It's getting late, I have to go."

Alex stood up. "I'll walk you to the door."

"Alright then, guess we have to rest as well", Margaret said as she stands up.

Alex walked with Ryel to the door. Ryel kissed Alex's head lightly.

"See you tomorrow mushroom"

Alex laughed and Ryel walked back to his house. Alex closed the door and started blushing as he walked upstairs to his room.