Chapter 18

The evening comes fast. Winter makes the sky even higher. Cold air. All lights were turned on everywhere, from the house to the street. And yet in Seulgi's eyes, there was only a solitary black.
The sky has no stars, the fog is everywhere.

The drizzling drizzle fell.

She doesn’t know what time it is in the morning, it's just past midnight. It was still pitch black. Rain falls gently through each of the trees and leaves. The rain must have lasted for a while, when she and Irene were still passionately quarreling. Seulgi sighed, the rain was not too big, but it was enough to make her feel the cold that pierced the bone.

Seulgi was caught in the rain that night. When she returned home, she collapsed on the bed. She felt very bad about her behavior with Irene. She shouldn't have been loud to her. Seulgi has always promised her heart that she will always love and be patient with Irene. Yet in a minute of anger, Seulgi could do the same to her. She felt very guilty.

Seulgi kept lying on the bed sighing. She wanted to call Irene to say sorry immediately but she was afraid she would be angry with her without accepting an apology. From morning till now she only ate a simple bread, the rest of her stomach was alcohol. Seulgi's stomach started to hurt. She furrowed her eyebrows, remembering what Irene said. Never before did Seulgi feel disgusted with her body like that. Seulgi clenched her teeth, her hands clenched tightly, then punched her stomach with all her strength. Seulgi's body was stained with rain, damp and uncomfortable, but she didn't care. The only thing that Seulgi can think of now is the way she treated Irene. Seulgi couldn't believe she was like that. How much she cherished her, how much she wanted to bring her peace, she knew best. Yet, today she shouted at her again.

Her tears were caused by physical pain and because of the trauma that flowed out. Seulgi rarely feels helpless in her love and Irene. For simplicity, she didn't have much hope. Until now, what Seulgi knew was just love, love, love and love for Irene a lot. She had never expected anything from her. She didn't even think she would remember her existence after years of meeting again.

However, recently, Seulgi thought she was too greedy.

She began to have a desire to get Irene’s love. She had begun to give herself the right to hope that she finally let herself into her eyes. Yet Irene, who was so heartless and unconsciously dragged her out of the water from time to time and found a perfect way to submerge her into the cold ocean.

Pain, misery, tiredness, Seulgi was so heavy that she fell asleep in pain.

At four in the morning, Seulgi woke up vaguely. Her eyes were heavy as they wore lead, her body was tire. The lips are dry. Seulgi slowly sat up, feeling her head hurt like a hammer, sweat on her back sticking to her shirt. Seulgi's body was hot, her fingers were on the blanket so she could push herself up and go to the bathroom. But just standing up, Seulgi had fallen to the ground. Her chin hit the edge of the table, causing her tongue to hit each other. The smell of fresh blood quickly filled Seulgi's oral cavity. She sighed, feeling that the air conditioner was a bit colder than usual.

Damn, fever.

Seulgi, now exhausted, is also depressed. She kept lying down like that, not bothering to move, nor trying to stand up. Seulgi held motionless on the floor, despite the cold air such as cutting flesh and skin blowing on top of her head, causing the pain in the increasingly large and sharp body to pierce Seulgi's body.

She was like being trapped in a half-awake state until the bright sunlight shone on her pupils. Seulgi just tried to get up. She grabbed the phone lying down on the bed to check the time.

Six am.

She wonder if Irene is up now. Suddenly Seulgi missed her. She did not know, how could she remember her when she had never belonged to her?