Chapter 21

Deep in her thoughts, Yerim did not realize that her car stopped below Joy’s apartment until the driver called her.

Yerim stands underneath, hoping only that Yerin is not at home. Yerim is extremely afraid if she has to touch Yerin. A few years ago, when Joy first worked in her uncle's large editorial office, she met and became friends with Yerin. Yerim has no problem when Joy moves into the same house as her. It is, that Yerin doesn't like her. Yerim herself did not know the specific reason why she was in Yerin's blacklist, but she thought that Yerin was jealous of her.

From Yerin's fierce expression and annoyance towards her, she somehow guessed that Yerin likes Joy. The story of her and Joy who must have been a couple for a long time has been too familiar to those who are around both. Both families also talked about this together but her attitude and Joy are the same that both are just good friends. Joy always took the excuse of concentrating on her career to avoid every mention of the two people involved. Yerim chose a silent strategy to ignore. Not that she didn't know what the outsiders said or what the family members said, Yerim knew all. It was just that she chose not to care, pretending not to know. And also because she already has Seulgi, how can she think about it with other people, especially that of Joy.

The elevator slowly went up to the highest floor, where Joy lived. Yerim is not as vague as she was. It is very rare for her to drink alcohol, only because this morning to make breakfast for Seulgi, when she comes to the company, she cannot make a call. The other person said that being with other people made her sad to go all day so she went to drink alcohol. Drinking alcohol is too much sad but not yet, now she is angry with the person closest to her. Yerim is such a mess.

Silently going to Joy’s door, Yerim hesitantly raised her hand to knock on the door. After that, she felt she shouldn't, yet she turned her head away. She walk two steps and stand again. What if Joy didn't beg for her this time? Also she called her to come, and she was too much for her to leave. Now, without knowing how apologize, Kim Gia teaches her about that year.

Thinking about the family's face, Yerim took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Hate of those gods, Yerin is actually opening the door to welcome her. Just seeing her face was unpleasant.

It's late at night, Yerin is worried about Joy coming home and slamming the door when she hears someone outside call. Going back to work, there was a lot of hardship, and even more unpleasant situations like this, she tried to ask above on the sky without eyes or something? Why does she have to let her touch this hateful person named Yerim.

"What are you here for?" Yerin spoke up and irritated Yerim. In this house, there's nothing for her to go beyond the rotten face of Joy. Did she come here to find her?

"I come to see Joy." Yerim calmly, straightening her back. Yerin's unpleasant temperament, she should not accept anything. Yerim whispered in her mind, that the most important thing now is to apologize to Joy and not to stand up and fight with Yerin.

Yerin listened to Yerim say that, her uneasiness piled up. She knew Joy was very patient and endured. It is so unnatural or because of work pressure that Joy will be angry again. Surely there must be a reason behind it, it is 99% that the reason which made Joy furious want to blow smoke on her head without telling her.

It could only be Yerim.

She hated it very much. Yerin really hates the way Joy always protects Yerim. Joy is not good on keeping everything in her heart, all the sadness and happiness will show on her face. Even if there is difficulty in the newsroom, Joy will go back to spite the whole day. Only if it is about Yerim that pissed her off, then she wouldn’t say anything. Yerin knows, Joy is like that because she doesn't want anyone to say anything bad to Yerim. However, the more Joy do that, the more Yerin hates Yerim.