WITH SAWDA, THE DAUGHTER OF ZAM'Aؓ

She was from the people of 'َAmer (an Arabian tribe), and of course from Quraysh too. She was married to al-Sakran ibn 'Amr ibn 'Abd-Shams. She emigrated with her husband to Ethiopia among those who emigrated the second time escaping from Quraysh and their torture. Her husband then died there, and she was left without any supporter. However, if she had returned to her people who were still disbelievers, they would have tortured her or even killed her.

Prophet Muhammad(ﷺ) heard about her and appreciated her adhering to her religion, so he sent some one to ask her if she would marry him. This is after the death of Khadَijahؓ.

After Saudaؓ  has spent her 'Iddah (waiting period for a woman after divorce or death of her husband) in Makkah, Khawla the daughter of Hَakim - who was 'Uthmَan ibn Math'َun's wife - came to the Prophet(ﷺ) and said, "O' Messenger of Allah! I suppose you feel lonely after the death of the mother of the believers Khadَijahؓ  ."
The Prophet (ﷺ) then said sadly :

٭ جديذۃ ، اجل كا نت ام ا لعيل وربۃ البيت ٭

"Yes, indeed Khadَijah was my daughters' mother and a real housewife"

Khawla then said, "Do you want me to propose to you some one?" 
The Prophet (ﷺ) said:

٭ بلی، فانكن معشر النساء ارفق بذلك ٭

"Yes, since you women are good at it."

So Khawla went to ask Sauda's permission and Saudaؓ said, "It is all upto the Prophet (ﷺ)."

The Prophet (ﷺ) then told Saudaؓ   to ask one of her male people to be her guardian. Therefore, she asked Hَatib ibn 'Amr ibn 'Abd- Shams to marry her to the Prophet (ﷺ), and he did. So they got married in Ramadَan, ten years after the prophecy.

The Prophet (ﷺ) married Saudaؓ   in Makkah and she emigrated with him to Madَinah trying to compensate for what Khadَijahؓ  used to do. She tried to relieve his pain and make him forget what his people had done to him.

'َA'ishaؓ   described Saudaؓ   once saying,

"Saudaؓ  asked the permission of the Prophet (ﷺ)  to leave earlier at a night of Jumu'ah and she was a fat slow woman, and the Prophet (ﷺ) gave her permission.'

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) did not marry Saudaؓ  just because He wanted to fulfill his needs, but rather for a sacred principle that, deserted patient persons must have someone to make it up for them and treat them as they deserve.

That is why Saudaؓ  did not want her husband to leave her and said,

" It is not the marital matters that I care much for, but it is that I would like to be Prophet's wife on the Ressurection Day."

She expressed this matter when she asked the Prophet (ﷺ) to give up her turn in spending the night to 'َA'ishaؓ  and the Prophet (ﷺ)  accepted, then Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala descended this verse:

  ﴿ واِنِ  ٱمرَاَۃُ خَافَت مِنۢ بَعلِهَا نُشُوزًا اَو اِعرَاضًا... ٨٢١۝ ﴾
                                        (سورۃ االنّسِاء : ١٢٨)

And if a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part...﴿
                                          (Qur'an 4: 128)

Saudaؓ  adhered to the traditions of Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ)  and she was very righteous after He died. In fact, she went to Hajj (pilgrimage) with him once and when he died she never went to Hajj and she even never  went out of her house as the Qur'anic verse says :

﴿وَقَرنَ فِی بُيُوتِكُنَّ .... ٣٣۝﴾
                                      {سورۃ الا حزَاب: ٣٣}
{And stay [quietly] in your houses...}
(Qur'an 33: 33)

She said,                                                        

"I went to Hajj and 'Umrah and now I will stay at home as my Lord says and I will never go to Hajj after the 'Farewell Pilgrimage'- the last time, and the only time , the Prophet(ﷺ) went to Hajj."