chapter eleven.

~elysa~
i had just touched back down in chicago with dallas & carina. we were supposed to be back home yesterday, but our flight got delayed. we actually start school tomorrow: our senior year of high school. this summer didn't really go as planned. after the incident with dallas & jay, they didn't really talk anymore. and that whole Uber fiasco had me shook. i almost made ice get me and the girls a flight back to chicago directly after. what happened? well...

"so, you all must be the triple threat." i did t recognize the voice, but i recognized the face. it was that Instagram girl. "oh, how rude of me. i'm Yatti Blue, otherwise known as Hottie Yatti to your boyfriends." so it was her. "i don't have a boyfriend though." carina whispered to me. "bitch you finna let us out this fucking car! i ain't finna deal with this shit no more." dallas moved to the side of the car & pried open the lock on the car. "girl, shut the fuck up. you finna sit in this car and listen to what i gotta say." dallas ended up prying open the lock and even broke it. "girl fuck you and them dirty ass  niggas". she pushed the car door open, and before she could step out, Yatti sped off into the street. We tried to pull dallas' leg back into the car, but she was going too fast. eventually, dallas rolled out of the car & onto the road. i looked at carina, carina looked at me. we were both thinking the same thing: tuck and roll. i opened the car door next to me and rolled out. i fell right onto the gravel pavement and debated getting up. i turned my head to the left and saw carina on the road a little bit ahead of me. i looked up and saw dallas limping over to me. "c'mon bitch, get out the road!" she yelled. even in a crisis dallas was still being goofy. we then went over to help carina, who looked like she got the worse end of the stick. her cheek was scratched & she was bleeding.

"how y'all getting home?" i asked them. "wait, i thought-" carina started. "i'm kidding, my momma can drop y'all off, i know how much y'all hate Uber now after that bullshit last month." we all laughed. it's great that we could just laugh about what happened to us even though we could've died. i went to text my mom to see if she was outside, then i saw i had a message from Mosey. things between us were, and still are, kinda rocky. but that was to be expected.

Mosey 🤧: you back yet ?

i was gonna take my time to respond. saying goodbye to him wasn't as easy as someone may have thought. we grew closer over the summer, and even though i really don't like Jay anymore, i didn't want that to come between us. but it probably did. "y'all ready for school tomorrow?" Carina asked us. "yes girl, i'm ready to graduate already!" Dallas said in true Dallas fashion. i was ready to graduate too, but right now i was just ready to go home and get a nap in before the day was over.

~the next day...

|carina|
finally, the last first day of high school ! i was so ready to get out of there. if today goes by fast, then that means that the rest of the year will too.

Carina's Outfit

Carina's Outfit

after i got ready, i called dallas to see where she was at. she said that she'd pick up elysa then she'd come to get me.