Chapter 1

Fowl Manor, Ireland

Artemis woke up, the snow swirled outside the window, the wind carrying it over the landscape, this was one of the most exciting and coldest days of Artemis' life, today he was testing his new D.T.V.C. Dimension Travelling Vortex Creator, it could create a vortex to anywhere in space, time and dimension.

Artemis hurried out of bed, quickly putting on his suit and tie and walked down the stairs to the living room. He wished his parents could have been here on this special day, but the had an important meeting in America with Julia, Butler's sister.

But Artemis didn't have time to think about his parents, he still had a couple of finishing touches to make to the D.T.V.C. before Butler and the twins woke up.

Just As he was applying the vortex manipulator into the inside of the contraption cage he heard a 'thump thump thump' coming down the stairs.

"Good morning Butler" Artemis called out to Butler. Supposing that it was Butler.

"Good morning Artemis, I'm guessing you're making the final touches to your D.T.V.C." Butler said as he appeared around the last corner of the spiral staircase.

"Yes I am" said Artemis, but his words were drowned by the two twins running down the stairs, and then a loud bang as Beckett fell down them.

"Arrrgh"Artemis cried in exasperation and went over to help Beckett up and make sure there were no serious injuries.

"Arty is Beckett alright" asked Myles watching as Beckett walked over to the couch with an ice pack on his head.

"Beckett had a nasty bruise on his head but otherwise nothing, he will be fine" reported Artemis, like a doctor would report on a patient.

"Now who would like to see the D.T.V.C. going into action?"
Asked Artemis, expecting a sudden rush of me's.

"Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me" cried Myles and Beckett, looking as if they were about explode with anticipation if they didn't see it immediately.

Artemis loved his two little brothers, they were so full of energy and they had always liked science even though Miles was more on the side of a 'simpleton' as Beckett would put it.

"One me is enough I think Myles" said Artemis. Slowly walking over to the D.T.V.C.

"Is the D.T.V.C. safe Artemis?" Asked Butler, looking at Artemis, slightly worried seeing as he didn't want to be responsible for the death of three children.

"Yes I think it is Butler just as long as..."

"As long as what?"

"As long as two little four year old twins by the name of Myles and Beckett fowl don't muck around with it" said Artemis looking threateningly down at the 'two four year old twins.'

"Good" said Butler,"I don't want to have to tell your mother that you three died in an explosion or something like that."

Artemis watched as he and Butler talked Beckett became more and more frustrated.

"Look, just hold it in Beckett" thought Artemis to himself,"Im not going to just stop talking to butler to show you the D.T.V.C."

but Beckett could hold it in no more.

"SHOW US!" He screamed, his face red with frustration.

"Why are you so frustrated, you were fine a minute ago" asked Artemis politely.

"IM NOT!" screamed Beckett his face as red as a ripe tomato.

"I think you are, tomato face" said Myles in the most unhelpful way possible.

"Don't call Beckett a toma..."

"Don't call me tomato face!" yelled Beckett, Artemis could tell from this scenario that a four year old should not be put into suspense

"Tomato face. Tomato face. Tomato face" teased Myles

"Patience Beckett" said Butler warningly walking over to give him a tight bear hug

Artemis walked over slowly to the DTV,"This is the DTV, DTV stand for a Dimension Travelling Vortex (creator), the DTV is made out of microscopic pieces of Dalekanium. It creates a Vortex by bending time this creates a black hole in which you are sucked into, the all the particals in your body a split apart by a nucular charge, which, on the downside makes you radioactive, it has one special feature in which it can m..."

And then, before anyone could stop him, Beckett who wanted to see it so much squirmed out of butlers tight bear hug and raced over to the DTV and ripped the cover off the top.

As if in slow motion, as soon as Beckett took off the cover a small grey chip flew into the air, glinting, Butler dived at Artemis covering him with his huge body.

There was a huge explosion and a bright flash of purple light, and the whole house shook with the noise.

When all the dust had settled down,and everybody could see again, Beckett had disappeared.

"Beckett Beckett Beckett" called Myles looking all around him.

"Beckett is this a joke"said Artemis, knowing that it was not a joke.

"This is no joke" said Butler

"That thing was a micro bomb" he continued,"And you said tha..."

"That a large amount of energy could have created created a vortex" Artemis finished for him. then his face paled.

"Uh oh"