Chapter 2: The Prince Visited Me

The next morning, I was getting ready for school. My grandparents transfered me to a different school, where it's faraway from the island. You know, the school that they talk about in fictions. For the "magical" people.

I always visit the island every Sunday because that's the only day that I am free from school. My grandparents tried to keep me away there, but I kept coming back.

Our school is a boarding school, so I haven't always got to go home. My grandparents died eventually because of old age. They passed on to me their wealth and estates, but its so difficult for me to manage because I am still studying. I contacted my parents' friends to help me manage the business my grandparents started and it's doing fine.

I finished getting ready for school and am headed to the cafeteria to grab my breakfast. I have no friends here at school, even at our neighborhood.

No one has ever dared to talk to me, so I spend my free time in the library. Our batch this year in school is graduating from preparatory school. The Campus of College is in a different location. It's near the castle of the King and Queen of this country, the country of Felise. It's still the beginning of classes, so there's much to do and to expect.

It's weird though, I have the same name as the country. I think my parents named me after it.

The country of Felise is hidden from non-magic people. We are also humans, but we have differences. This country was hid by our ancestors so that non-magic people can't interact with us.

I'm sitting in my usual seat in the cafeteria when someone suddenly sat beside me. It's not a usual event when someone sit by me when I'm here in the school cafeteria.

I looked at the person who sat next to me. I recognised him immediately. It's Prince Daniel, he's my betrothed. I heard everyone gasped. I looked away from him and continued eating.

"What are you doing here?" I asked calmly.

"I'm here to accompany you." He replied to me smiling. "Why would everyone ignore their future que—." I covered his mouth immediately. Someone might hear him. I'm always panicking everytime this happened.

"Shhh." I shushed him looking around. Everyone was still looking at us and now with a shocked faces. Some were already whispering. I quickly pulled my hand away from his mouth and grabbed my bag then left running from the cafeteria.

"Fely!" He called me by my nickname and followed behind me. Everyone began to talk loudly again. Why does he have to be here? He's making it worse.

As I'm near my classroom, he grabbed my hand turning me around to face him. I didn't looked at him in the eye.

"Hey, look at me." He said gently. I looked at him slowly. "I'm sorry I caused a mess. I just missed you so much that I came here to see you." He added.

I sighed and hugged him. "I missed you too." I said to him as he wrapped his arms around me. I heard whispers around us, so I quickly backed away.

"I think you should leave now, Dan." I said to him.

"Why would I leave?" He asked innocently.

"You have duties to fulfill. You need to go back." I replied.

"Uhmm. I also have classes here." He said rolling his eyes.

"What?!" I shouted. I looked around and still saw everyone watching us. Is this some kind of drama that they have to keep watching us?

I grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the crowd. They began whispering again. I brought him near the playground behind the Chemistry building. I faced him.

"What do you mean you have classes here? You are homeschooled." I started talking.

"I asked dad a request to let me study in your school this school year. Is it a bad thing?" He asked me giving me his puppy doe eyes. I touched his hair gently, brushing my fingertips through it.

I sighed. "No, it's not a bad thing, but atleast you should've told me beforehand. You still remember that someone here has a crush on you?" He nodded. "She always tormented me here. So, if I get too much attention she will bombard me with those mean words that she always say." I said to him clearly. He said nothing in reply.

"She always had a huge crush on you, so don't stick with me all the time, okay?" I asked him. He just looked at me sadly and just nodded eventually.