Chapter 1: The Mountain

I love how the ocean breeze calms me down. The smell of the sea water is refreshing, but when you tasted it, it tastes very salty and I don't really like it.

I am currently at the seashore, sitting in the sand. Behind me is the forest, it looks scary from afar, but when you enter it, you will see how beautiful it is. That's when you enter that quote, "Do not judge the book by its cover." Actually, I don't know who invented that quote, but you can really tell that it is a life lesson.

I am in an island. I'm always here though, maybe I just like how it feels to be here. I feel comfortable here, it feels like home.

I suddenly felt sad.

"I wish that you were here beside me." I said looking at the skies. I really miss my parents.

My parents died when they were trying to protect me. Our family were always criticised by the other villagers from our town before. My father hid me from the closet in my room as they faced the villagers. I could hear them yelling outside.

After a few minutes of arguing, I heard my mother screamed. Then I ran downstairs to the main door of the house and peaked in the little hole there. I saw my mom being dragged by a man and my dad lying there motionless on the ground, my grandparents were not here.

They left him there then left together with my mom being dragged somewhere. After they left, I ran to my father's side. I cried beside him while waking him up, but he won't move. I decided to run after the villagers that dragged my mom. Luckily, I arrived on time before the boat that they were boarding left. I squeezed between the people boarding the boat and remained unnoticed.

I tried to find my mother, but she's nowhere to be seen. "Maybe she's not here" I thought to myself. The boat is beginning to move away from the dock. I started to panic and paced around the deck of the boat. I'm lucky that they haven't seen me yet. They're busy talking to each other that's why.

After an hour of voyage in the water, we arrived on an island. It's a small one with a mountain. As soon as the boat arrived at the shore the villagers started to move out of the boat, I was the last one to exit. I was still following them.

I looked up and saw that they are heading to the mountain. I immediately recognized the mountain, I saw this in an illustration from the house, it's called the Mountain of Death. I heard from the stories in our village that this mountain is very dangerous, based on the name its very obvious.

Why would they go there when they already know that this is dangerous?

I ran forward to catch up to them, but it's too difficult because of my tiny legs. My mom said that our family is magical and that we have powers. She said to me that when there are no people around I can use them, to avoid too much attention. I used them once.

Just this once.

I used my speed to catch up with them. Of course, they didn't notice me cause I'm too fast. I found a place to hide, where I can still see them. I saw mom, she's unconscious. She can't use her powers.

Before I knew it my mom was locked up in that very mountain. I still don't know how they did that. I heard rumors that that was her prison because that's where she came from.

I am here in that same island. I can't come near the mountain anymore. It seems like something is keeping me away from that place.

I'm with my grandparents right now. After that incident, they found me near the mountain, tears flowing down my cheeks. There is something that my grandmother saw in my eyes, wrath.