Chapter 3: The Opposed One

I was walking back to my classroom alone. I told Daniel to go separately so that there's no more conflicts.

I saw that girl walking towards my way. I guess she heard the news. She stopped right in front of me. Looking me up and down.

"Are you close with the Prince?" She asked me while raising her eyebrows.

I looked at her in the eye and said "No Chelsea, why?" She really wants to have a connection with the royal family. She can't even cross the gates without her parents. Well, I can freely enter the gates of the castle because they allowed me to.

Her body shakes because of frustration. "Then why are you with him this morning?" She asked again, slowly. She always does act feminine in front of everyone.

"I don't know. Maybe he thought that I was his friend?" I replied.

"Really? Hmm. Stop acting so innocent dear and stay away from him." She said still maintaining her feminine act.

"Why would I? Is he your boyfriend that I have to do that? Stop being so protective of something that isn't even yours." I pointed out for her then walked away. I heard her grumbled out of frustration.

I arrived at my designated classroom for this hour, Chemistry Laboratory. So early in the morning chemistry is the first one to encounter. What a life.

I sat in a table near the window. There is no airconditioning here so that gas can easily go out of the window and can't cause chemical troubles.

I lifted my head up from the table as soon as I heard the door opened. It was Daniel. He was looking at me and was about to come over when a group of students came in the room, so he stopped himself and chose the table next to mine and a seat facing me.

 He was looking at me and was about to come over when a group of students came in the room, so he stopped himself and chose the table next to mine and a seat facing me

The students came rushing in afterwards. They rarely look at me before, but now they're looking straight at me.

As soon as they noticed that the Prince is also here, they continued chattering to themselves.

Chelsea entered the room just before our professor and sat right next to Dan.

"Tsk, Leach." I thought to myself and faced our teacher.

Mr. Rodnel, our Professor, introduced himself to us and let us introduce ourselves after him.

After that, he started his first lesson in chemistry. Our chemistry here is different from the chemistry of non-magic humans. Ours is much more magical than theirs. We also have theories, but much lesser compared to them.

As our Prof continued talking in front of the class, I was starting to daze out the window. Before I knew it the class has already ended and everyone has left except me, Prince Daniel who is packing his things up, and Chelsea trying to impress my fiancé.

Dan just ignored her. I know what he's thinking, "Why is she like this?", "Is she that desperate for my attention?". You know why? Because Chelsea kept clinging to his arms and pushing her boobs into him.

I know that he wouldn't fall for that, he likes me. He wouln't do that.

I grabbed my bag and stood up from the stool. One last look at them, I saw him looking at me asking for help and I just winked at him without Chelsea noticing.

I walked out of the door and heard Dan say, "What do you want? Stop clinging onto me!" Then left the room stomping.

He catched up to me on the hallway. He looked at me for a second then dragged me with him.

"Hey, let gooo." I whisper-yelled at him. It seems like he's upset about what I did earlier, so I just let myself get dragged.

I sighed frustratingly.

"What a great day to start!" I thought to myself then rolled my eyes.

——————————————————————————
Source of the picture: https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/163255555212739710/