chapter 1

Comment. vote. Share

Onahi's pov

"Onahi please, you have to understand that this is the right choice for you".

  You might be wandering what is happening right now, wanting to see where this goes but I'll save you the stress. My parents are sending me to live with my aunt and uncle in LA but I am not really pleased with that so I stayed rooted to my spot next to the kitchen window while they sat on the kitchen stools.

"Onahi, your mum is talking to you". I could feel my dad's frustration grow by the second so I let out a small sigh and turned to look at them. I examined my mum's features begging me to agree but I just couldn't. " Ma, Pa you know I can't leave you guys and go that far away. I love you guys but you have to understand that I also have a say in my life so please just leave me alone".

I didn't mean to sound harsh but it came out that way and I didn't want further arguments so I quickly left them and ran to my room.

But one thing I forgot to mention is that my parents are Africans , actually Nigerians, and that 'running away from them after a heated argument' B.S doesn't work on them. When I got into my room, I counted to 1 before the door opened with a sound so frightening I thought it would remove from its hinges.

Then came the STORM. " DO WE LOOK LIKE YOUR AGE MATES THAT YOU TALK TO US SO RUDELY ? NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME ?"

My mum shouted looking at me with eyes that told me she was ready to bring out the BELT if I didn't respond. "y-yess mummy" My voice came out a little shaky and all the confidence I had in me fled away.

"Now, pack your things and make sure to tidy your room when you are done. I don't want this room looking like a dumpster or else........"

I didn't wait for her to finish before nodding my head without hesitation. With that, they left my room leaving me with a deafening silence.