chapter 3

Onahi's pov

I looked at the mirror, examining my features. I won't lie, I'm on the thick side but not tooo much. I would say I have a nice curvy body. Not to brag or anything.

" Onahi, you can do this. It's just school, it's not like you are getting married so stop panicking ok ". Talking to myself was useless. I'm a very shy person when it comes to socialising so it takes time for me to open up to people but when I do, that's when I'm crazy.

Letting out a sigh, I decided to pick what I was going to wear today. I was grateful I went shopping myself because my parents didn't have good taste in fashion. My box would have been filled with long skirts and baggy t -shirts if they had their chance.

I decided to pick this...(ignore this )

I decided to go with 'dress to impress' because I was hoping that today would turn out very well.

I grabbed my bags and went to the kitchen. Jaden was already there with my aunt and it looked like they were having a heated conversation so I cleared my throat loudly gaining their attention. " Oh my God, you look beautiful onahi" my aunt rushed up to me. " Good morning aunty" I said, happy to know that I looked presentable.

" Jaden will be taking you to school and bringing you back home". By the look on jaden's face, I knew this wasn't discussed between the two of them. Before I had the chance to talk, he said he was fine with it and I should hurry so I wouldn't be late.

When I saw my breakfast, I thought of skipping school to eat this for the whole day. But I knew that was impossible so I finished my food and was on my way to school with Jaden.

We reached a beautiful school and the parking lot was filled with people talking or laughing before class started and I immediately became nervous.

Jayden noticed this and reached out to me and took hold of my hands. " You are going to be fine and don't worry, if anyone hurts you, don't forget to tell me so I can whoop their ass ok? " I smiled at his words and hugged him before stepping out of the car.

The first thing I noticed when I began my walk to the receptionist was that my skin colour made me stand out. I was really dark compared to the people here but I was sure I wasn't the only black person here, just darker than the rest.

I ignored the stares and whispers, and entered the office. " Hi, my name is onahi and I'm the new student" I said, to the blonde hair lady. She looked up from her laptop and gave me the most fake smile I had ever seen.

" I didn't know you were this black" she mumbled under her breath but unlucky for her, I heard it. " What do you mean by that" i looked at her like she was some kind of mad person.

" Nothing, here is your schedule and the map of the school and try not to get in trouble". I scoffed and walked out of the office. I looked at my schedule and realised I had English first. Unfortunately for me the bell rang five minutes ago so I had to find the class myself.

I walked up to room 24, my English class and opened the door quietly but luck wasn't on my side because the teacher just had to stop me.

" You must be the new girl. What's your name and where are you from ?"
Here goes nothing. " My name is Onahi Damichi and I am from Benue, Nigeria". The class fell silent and they all looked at me like I was some artifact. I shuffled to an empty sit before I got more questions.

The class continued but I still got looks from people and I felt they were judging me because of my looks and accent. After 40 mins the bell rang and I packed my things and left the class.

I was walking with my schedule in hand trying to find my class when the worst thing that could ever happen occurred. I bumped into someone which sent all my things flying.

What the FUCK!!!