Chapter - 25

Ruhana left the room and moved to the side.. Her father's name was flashing on the screen. She pressed the Green icon and attached the cell to her ear. And her father's voice hit her ear.. 

"beta main kab se call kar raha hoon! Kahan thi tum? Tum thik toh ho?" He asked, concern and tension was clearly audible in his voice.. 

Ruhana smiles slightly at his concern" Papa Shant.. Haan Main thik hoon.. Abhi Main hospital mei hoon! Phone silent mode pe tha, mujhe pata nahi chala aap call kar rahe hain, sorry" She apologizes.. 

"ooh!! Koi nahi.. Main ghabra gaya tha,"He sighs, "Main aur tumhari mumma Mumbai pahuch gaye, abhi thode time pehle hamari flight land hui. Yahi batane ke liye call kar raha tha main. Meine Raunak se bola tha aane ko, lekin shayad wo bhool gaya. Anyways, beta mujhe hotel ka naam message kar do. Hum taxi se chale jayenge!" Her father informed. 

Ruhana was startled, 

"Raunak!? Aapne usse kyun bataya ki aap yahan aa rahe ho." She sighs, how can he not tell her about this? 

"kyun beta, koi problem hai kya? Usne kuch kiya kya?" Her father asked, his voice laced with suspicion. 

"Nahi, nahi! Aisa kuch nahi hai Papa. Usne kuch nahi kiya, bas main batane nahi chahti thi usse. You know naa, aab wo aapke aage piche karega apne kaam chor ke, issliye." She clarifies, partly true but most of the time she finds it too weird. 

Raunak, her one of the good friends. Her break up news had spread like fire among her friends and relatives, and Raunak came to see her the moment he got the news and comforted her. He also offered to converse with Daksh and sort out the matter, but she denied, she didn't needed a mediator to link them or pull them together because if love was there, she believe, Daksh would come all by himself but it didn't happen, he never came to mend the things between them. 

When Raunak, despite knowing her resolution to never get into any relationship, accepted the proposal set to him by her parents. She confronted him and all he said was he had to say yes because her parents have high hopes and he doesn't want to break their trust. It was all because of him that her father ordered, yes, he did order her to accept Raunak, reason being the news of her relationship with Daksh was spread wide and the marriage thing was hype up, so he doesn't wanted to get all the assaults Ruhana might face, hence, Raunak was a safe game. After the announcement of the engagement, she had not shared a word with him but Raunak was always sweet and caring towards her parents. He's always there for them no matter what they say, he will do that. And that was something her parents liked in him and thought to tie them in a knot. As they find him perfect for their daughter, unlike Daksh who left just like that. 

Her father laughed,"toh tumhe uske mere aage piche karne se problem hai, haan!?Chalo koi nahi,main usse keh dunga wo tumhare aage piche kiya kare." he spoke teasingly making her chuckled - some fake laughs can make the other happy, isn't it!? 

Talking to him for a few minutes she disconnected the call and messaged him the address of the hotel. She let out a deep sigh, things are going to be hard now that her parents will be here, they will surely find out about Daksh and she knows her father will be really upset with it, but she can't help it. She didn't choose all this to happen, it's going with its own flow. 

After attending the call, she moved back towards Vineet ward, when found Daksh coming out of the room with the support of Maya. Her one hand was around his waist and one was on his shoulder. Her lips were curled up in a smile and her eyes were fixed at his face.

Ruhana feels uncomfortable but she can't do anything, afterall she's (Maya) his fiancee now and she (Ruhana) is not even a friend. They are more like strangers, a known stranger. Close yet far, connected by heart but parted. She wonders how that night changed their lives so drastically.

Tere Naam जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें