Epilogue.

Epilgoue -

                                   Peyton bowed her head, her hair falling in front of her face like a dark curtain.

She peeked through the thick locks of brown hair to her mother, who talked to the elder gentlemen and seemed to nod at every little word he said. Even from afar, Peyton could see the tears in her mother’s eyes. It made her chest clench in pain.

It had been about a week since the “accident” took place. In result, Peyton was confined to four walls that surrounded her and police officers who came in and out of the room, constantly questioning her on Tyler and everything that had happened.

Though it wasn’t particularly needed, seeing as the whole world seemed to know about Peyton’s kidnapping, but nonetheless, Peyton went over it. Cringing and tensing whenever they asked her to go further into detail. That’s when she refused.

She had said what she did was self-defense. They all nodded and told her to continue on. She did. As much as she could, at least.

She had asked many times about how her mother was taking everything, seeing as they were limited to contact with one another. Peyton could only watch her mother from the tiny window on her door. And each time, she was talking to that same elder gentlemen that had too visited Peyton and asked her questions just like everyone else had been doing too.

The thing that irked her most is that they never gave her answers after she asked about what was going on, or what was going to happen, essientlly. They simply assured her everything would be fine.

Man, if she had a penny for every time someone told her that, she’d be rich.

But nonetheless, Peyton waited. As patiently as she could. And soon enough, that elder gentlemen and her mother entered the room together.

Peyton’s mother moved to her daughter’s side and took her hand, though she seemed uneasy, she forced a smile at Peyton and whispered some brief words that brought no comfort to Peyton what-so-ever.

She eyed the elder gentlemen warily while he too, smiled at her. Peyton shifted around on the bed uncomfortably. “What’s going on?”

“We’re here to talk is all,” The elder gentlemen assured. “Did I ever tell you my name those previous times I visited?”

Peyton shook her head slowly.

The elder gentlemen stuck out his hand, “Well then, I’m Lewis Beckett.”

Peyton blinked and her eyes flickered to his hand. She never took it. “Peyton.” She stated numbly. Lewis Beckett let out a chuckle and let his arm fall limp to his side.

“I’m aware of who you are, Peyton,” He said. Peyton grimaced.

“Isn’t everyone?”

“Yes, indeed. You’re quite popular.” Lewis Beckett gave Peyton a grime smile. Peyton was tired of beating around the bush.

“What are you here to talk to me about?”

“Tyler,” Lewis said. “And about the shooting.”

“It was self-defense. He was going to take me back,” Peyton exclaimed, “So I… I fired at him.”

Lewis nodded, “I see. And you had been seeing him before that night, yes?”

Peyton swallowed roughly, “Yes. Just about three days before at the cinema.”

“Did he say anything?”

“Yeah,” Peyton confirmed. “He said my name. And how he missed me.” A shiver rippled down Peyton’s spine at the memory.

“How many times did you see him in total?”

“Four times.”

Again, Lewis Beckett nodded. And at that moment, she knew something was incredibly wrong when she heard a sob from her mother and the look on Lewis Beckett’s face. “None of it was real.”

Peyton’s eyebrows furrowed together. “What?”

“Peyton,” He drawled slowly, “Tyler Moore died six months ago.”

Six months ago. Six months ago was the time she was rescued from Tyler Moore’s basement.

She blinked. Once or twice. Then looked to the window, reading the sign she had refused to acknowledge until now;

Juvenile Psychiatric Ward.

-------------------------

Yup, this whole time, Peyton was just crazy. :P But understand that she hadn't always been like that. It was triggered by the traumtic experience she encountered and in result, Peyton lost her mind.

I know the story was fairly short, and that's because it was from school. But my teacher and classmates liked it, so I hope you did too. Tell me what you think of my first Thriller. Was it bad? Good? Perhaps adivce on how I can improve?

I had a good time writing the story, for the most part. Mainly because it was so out of the genre I really do. Maybe, in the future, I'll decide to write more Thriller's. (;

If you have any questions about the story or you don't understand or whatever, just drop a comment and I'll gladly answer! 

Thanks guys!

- CeCe.