Chapter 3

Recap:

I laugh when I hear that she’s a fan. This is why I can’t give her my full name. I think I’ll give her Jake’s last name because he’ll understand. Maybe I could get her backstage passes or something, tell her I couldn’t be there when it gets to the date. I don’t know!

I walk downstairs to chat with Jake about the name swap.

“Yeah sure mate! If you like her then I guess I can’t stop you!” he slaps me on the back and I make my way back upstairs to write another letter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faiths POV

Dear Faith

My name is Hunter Lambert, you know I am 20 years old and live in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. You know I play guitar and sing.

What you don’t know is that my favourite colour is green; my favourite food is coffee (I am aware that coffee is not a food but it is my favourite!) and my favourite artists are Carrie underwood, Taylor Swift, Rascall Flatts and David Bowie.

I think it might get a bit hard if we keep writing to each other so I thought I would give you my phone number xxxxx xxxxx (A/N I couldn’t think of a number so just pretend that that is one!!! J) I’m about 5”6 (yeah I’m short!). I actually heard that Hunter Hayes will be coming to Nashville pretty soon, it was on his website or something, and I’m actually heading down to Nashville tomorrow so maybe we’ll see each other! I know someone who knows Hunter Hayes so maybe when he comes I could meet you there and we could go together or something.

Text me soon ;)

Hunter

I keyed his phone number into my phone and quickly texted him to see whether it was a fake number.

Faith: Hey Hunter! Just checking that you didn’t give me a fake number to stop me stalking you! ;)

I laid my phone down and immediately had to pick it up because it was rigning with its annoying noise to tell me I had a message

Hunter: Stalking? Maybe I shouldn’t have given you my number! J

Faith: Hmmm maybe you shouldn’t have!! ;)

 The texting went on for hours until mum came and shouted at me for staying up so late

“Darling!!! Get into bed! Who are you texting this late?” she questioned with a wry look on her face.

I immediately blushed and stammered “n-no one Rose”

“So no one makes you blush like that huh? I hope to meet him soon!” she said and swiftly walked out of the room dodging a flying pillow.

I placed my phone on its charger and turned out the light, pulling the covers over my head as darkness and silence consumed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sunlight streamed through my sparkly curtains casting small sparkles all over my room. I stared at the ceiling for a moment before my alarm went off signalling the time for my morning run. I groaned before ripping the covers off my bed and climbing out.

The wind whipped past my brown wavy hair that I had messily shoved into a high ponytail, though little wisps still framed my sweaty face. My typical run was about 3 miles in the morning before school so I could wake up to the morning air. It also gave me sense of freedom, hearing only the birds in the trees and the crunching of Autumn leaves under my feet.