Seven

Daisy simultaneously kicked and knocked on the bathroom door more aggressively than the previous three times.

"Dustin, what the hell are you doing in there?!" she snapped.

"I've been here longer than five minutes, isn't it obvious?" Dustin yelled from inside and Daisy groaned loudly in disgust.

Guess I won't be styling my hair then she thought angrily, looking at her reflection in the mirror in the hallway. She didn't get why she was so nervous about hanging out with Billy Hargrove. It wasn't a date, because he only asked her to hang out after all. Now whatever that meant in his dictionary, she didn't quite know.

"Where are you going, sweetie?" her mother asked, standing just outside the kitchen as she wiped her hands with a dishcloth.

"Uh, hanging out with a friend. He's picking me up in a few minutes." Daisy replied with a small smile as she pulled her hair up in a loose ponytail. She shrugged at her reflection in the mirror. Looks good enough.

"Steve?"

"No, Ma." Daisy picked up her backpack containing her rollerblades and put it on, fixing the collar of her denim jacket. "A new friend."

Her mother frowned. "I didn't know you made a new friend, dear. Who is it?"

"It's that birdbrain, Billy Hargrove." Dustin pointed out as he emerged from the bathroom. "You know, the guy who almost ran my friends and I over the other day?"

Daisy furrowed her brows. She didn't know about that.

Mrs Henderson gave her daughter a concerned look. "Daisy, i-is this true...?"

"I didn't know he almost an over my brother until a second ago." she admitted. She turned to Dustin. "And he's not completely bad. He stood up to Tommy H today because he was calling me names."

The family heard a car approaching the house, immediately knowing who it was. "At least let me meet him..." Mrs Henderson was about to open the front door but Daisy beat her to it, running out towards Billy's car. "Be back by nine, sweetheart!" She yelled at the top of her lungs just as Daisy stepped inside the car.

As soon as Billy started the car and pulled out of the driveway, Daisy turned to glare at him. She didn't care that his cassette tape was playing one of her favourite Queen songs, Another One Bites the Dust.

"Do you have some kind of habit of running people over, Billy?"

"No...?" He didn't mean for it to sound like a question, but it made Daisy even more irritable.

"Then why did my brother just tell me you almost ran over him and his friends?"

A smirk played on his lips, and Daisy just wanted to slap it off of him despite how captivating he looked doing so. "Oh, right, that... They were in the middle of the road. No space for me to swerve around them."

"Like that justifies anything!" she exclaimed angrily. "You scared him half to death!"

Billy chuckled humourlessly, looking ahead at the road. "He'll get over it."

Daisy huffed and crossed her arms across her chest. "Get over it my ass." she muttered, making Billy smile softly. He knew what he did was bad, really bad. Who in their right mind would drive recklessly, almost running over someone twice on separate occasions, once which he did to prove a point to his stepsister?

But on the other hand, he couldn't help how adorable she looked - the adjective made him cringe almost immediately. He never thought of a girl as adorable before.

"I like this song." Daisy smiled softly, snapping Billy out of his thoughts. "Tears for Fears are one of my favourite bands."

There's a room where the lights won't find you

Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down

When they do I'll be right behind you

So glad we've almost made it

So sad they had to fade it

Everybody wants to rule the world

"Really?" Billy asked, and she nodded, humming along to the melody. "Hm, didn't peg you as the type to listen to this kind of music."

"Oh yeah? And what do you think I listen to then?" she smirked. She knew what his answer would be. She dressed up the type, but it was so much farther from the truth.

"Some bubblegum pop type shit."

Daisy laughed. "It's the clothes right?" He nodded. "Weren't you ever told to never judge a book by its cover, Billy Hargrove?"

"So what kind of music do you listen to then?" He genuinely wanted to know more about her. He knew there was more to her than meets the eye.

"I listen to rock music mostly." she replied as he took the road up the hill. "With the occasional country and pop song."

He quickly stopped the car, resting his arm on the open window. "You have an hour."

Daisy shrugged and opened the door, swinging her legs out while at the same time unlacing her shoes. "Are you seriously kicking me out of your car?" He grunted in annoyance as a response. She took out her skates from her backpack and placed them on the ground. After taking her shoes off, she put them on, lacing up one after the other. "What will you be doing while I'm skating, Billy?" She waited for him to reply as she adjusted her feet into the skates, and when he didn't, she repeated, "Billy?"

When she turned around, she saw that he had adjusted his seat as back as possible, his feet propped up against the steering wheel and hands behind his head. She couldn't see his eyes through his sunglasses, but she could tell they were closed. Daisy took this opportunity to observe him carefully before actually getting out of the car.

She noticed how tired he looked as he drove. He was always fast when he sometimes drove her to school and then back home. This time around, however, he was very careful with his driving. Billy looked so calm and relaxed, his lips slightly parted as he snored softly. He was probably very tired from school or had a night out of fun the night before she thought, and blushed when her eyes trailed down his chest. His t-shirt clung against his toned chest. She'd seen him shirtless when he played basketball and it always made her face flush upon sight.

There was no denying he was a very gorgeous boy (even Steve, Jonathan and Nancy hated to admit so) but she knew there as more to him than the bad boy he made himself to be. She knew it was an image hiding his real self.

"Like what you see princess?" Daisy gasped, his voice snapping her out of her thoughts. She turned bright red as she stumbled outside, making him laugh. "I'm sorry... I couldn't... I couldn't not say that." He said in between laughter, pausing to catch his breath.

"An hour." Daisy said, slamming the car door behind her. "And don't fucking call me princess."