Chapter Twenty-One [END]

By the time we landed in Los Angeles again, I was sick of sitting on planes and walking through airports.

We'd stayed in Maine for the remainder of the week since we had time off for Fashion Week anyway. Clare had told us not to worry about the show and fly home instead.

Jack's parents had begged us to stay longer, but after weeks of planning with Aria, my parents' wedding anniversary celebration was finally this weekend.

We would've loved to stay another week. I know Jack missed his family and being home where he grew up. I'd asked him the night we left why he didn't move back, but he'd said there was something worth staying for in California. I had blushed furiously after that.

A cab took us home from the airport. After tipping the service generously, Jack and I stepped out and collected our bags. We made our way up to our apartment and Jack unlocked the door.

Seeing as we'd been planning to be away longer, the apartment was still mostly clean. We had no animals to check in on or plants to water, so everything remained untouched from when we'd left for Milan. After everything, it felt nice to be home.

Home. The place Jack and I lived together. Jack, my boyfriend.

"Jack." I said and my boyfriend turned around.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"How is this going to work?" I questioned, eyes darting around the apartment to all of our shared possessions.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we're not exactly roommates anymore."

"No," Jack laughed softly, rubbing the back of his neck the way he did when he was nervous. "I suppose we're not."

"I mean," I stepped forward into the living room. "Nothing has to change right? We can still live in the space the same way we did before."

Jack came up behind me and slid his arms around my waist, causing me to jump at the unexpected touch.

"You're right, nothing has to change." he said. "Except now I can do this."

Leaning down, he placed a tender kiss on the back of my neck. "And this," he said again, kissing my shoulder, "And this."

He went on, slowly coming to a stand-still before me. "Everything can be the same except-" He leaned in close and whispered in my ear. "-now you don't have to wear a towel when you get out of the shower."

I shivered involuntarily but the smile crept onto my face nonetheless. Right, that.

Jack and I hadn't had the talk yet, but with everything we'd been through we knew it wasn't far off. We were grown men, and we both knew what we wanted.

"We have my parents' anniversary celebration." I chuckled softly.

Jack's eyes met mine. "You want to?"

The answer was in my heart before the signal reached my mind. I reached out and took his hand gently in mine, answering with no hesitance. "Yes."

Suddenly, Jack turned away and I frowned, reaching for him. "Jack, what's wrong?"

"It's just," He cleared his throat. "I never thought I'd get to have this. I always dreamed of it, but I never really expected it to come true. To have you."

"I'm sorry it took me so long." I replied sadly.

"No." Jack spun around quickly to face me again, taking my hands as he reassured, "I'm not saying this to make you feel guilty, Troye. I just want to make sure this is what you really want."