1

"Derek, Edwin is looking so cute in his outfit today."

"Ash, he is wearing a baggy sweatshirt and jeans. What do you find so appealing about that. Edwin does not even try to look cute." Derek replies starkly.

I can't help but smirk. "That my dear friend is the beauty of Edwin. He has no idea how cute and attractive he really is. Goddess I hope that he will be my mate."

Derek gives looks directly at me and says, "What are you going to do Ash if he ends up not being your mate?"

I have to think about it for a minute. Edwin not being my mate seemed impossible.

"I ... don't know Derek." I say sorrowfully "I have been crushing on that sweet omega since middle school. I have even dreamed about what our life is going to be like. Who would I be if he was not a part of my life."

"Ash, it is unhealthy how you have been holding on to the idea of you and Edwin being together.You need to start to prepare your self for the possibility of Edwin not being your mate." Derek tells me sternly.

I know that my chances with Edwin are slim, but I still want him. Edwin has always seemed out of my reach on a pedestal of my own making. It does not stop me from wanting to go across the cafeteria and kiss him. Which would show anyone that he is mine and I am his.

Derek then tells me, "Come to Lisa's party tonight before your birthday tomorrow. You need to loosen up. Finally louse your virgin-"

"Fuck no!" I yell at him. I might have been a little to loud because is see half of the cafeteria looking at me. "You know that I'm saving myself for my mate." I whisper shyly.

"Dude, you are going to be alpha of the Lupes Pack and you are still a virgin. Every single Alpha that we know has had sex before they met their mate." Derek says. He is always trying to get me laid. He actually managed to get all of the schools cheerleaders to flirt- or attempt to flirt with me. Derek has no problem with me being gay, but he does want me to experience the sweet bliss that is sex.

"How many times are we going to talk about this," I groan. "No, not with anyone who is not my mate."

"Your loss Ash, what will your mate do when he or she finds out how inexperienced you are." He chuckles.

"For your information I watch lots of porn so that I will know what to do in bed."

"That's nothing like real life experience though" Derek cheekily replies.

Before I was able to rebuff his statement the bell rang and we were heading back to the classrooms.

The rest of the day flew by.

In math class I continued my tradition of admiring the beautiful Edwin. Sadly, my time looking at Edwin passed by and it was time to head home.

My was at home were on cooking dinner for the pack with some of the betas and omegas. The Lupes Pack believes in equal rights between the Alphas, Betas, And Omegas. So we aren't one of those evil packs that mistreat Omegas.

"Hi honey. How was school?" Mom asks like she does everyday.

"It was fine mom." I reply as per usual. "What are you guys cooking."

"Just some hamburgers and hotdogs. I thought it would be fun to have a cookout today."

"Sounds great mom. I'm going to go work on my homework" I say as I head up stairs to start my history paper.

"After your done with your homework; your father wants to talk to you." Mom hollers after me.

"Got it!"

Once I got into my room I started to work on my paper. When I was done I headed off to my dad's office.

"Son, I think it is time you and I had the talk."

"Uhh, dad I think I already know what sex is and how to perform it somewhat." I said awkwardly. Talking to my dad about sex is not the most enjoyable conversation I could imagine.

" No Son, this talk is about you taking up the mantle to become the supreme Alpha."