5

What am I supposed to do?

Derek my best friend is my mate. This does explain why I have been feeling very jealous and possessive of Derek lately. And how when I see him with a girl I just want to rip her to shreds.

I feel so confused. When I saw Elijah with other guys or girls I never got as jealous as this. But, I guess that's the mate bond for you.

And I already know Derek is going to be the dom in our relationship. My wolf was all but panting for his-yeah. I don't mind being the bottom. I am just worried about if this new relationship will ruin our friendship.

He and I are not like brothers anymore we are lovers. What if now he wants to get a new best friend because he will have to spend all of his time with me.

Uhhh, now I am getting insecure.

That's is when I hear a knock at my door.
Oh f**k! I am not ready to talk. But, with the mate bond I yearn to be near him.

"Ash?" I hear Derek say. "I know this is a shock to you, but I need you to know I want to be your mate."

"You d0; I mean you want to try to make this work?" I was surprised because I had always thought Derek was straight.

"Yes. I want to be your mate. You are my best friend, and I can think of know one else I would want to spend my life with. After all we did alway plan to live next door to each other." He said with a bright smile on his face. " Now we are just going to live together."

I of course started to blush at the thought of living with Derek.

"You really are fine with me. I mean I am an Alpha do you feel I am weak for wanting you to...."

"You mean do I feel you are weak  for wanting to be a bottom with me?" Derek asked me softly.

I gave him a slight nod and turned away from him. Derek though gently took my chin into his hand and looked at me straight in the eyes and said "I think you are strong for admitting you would like to be on the receiving end. You are not any less of an Alpha. I love how much work you put into being a supreme Alpha, to help lead other packs. The mate bond between us does not make any of the respect I have for you stop."

I could not help, but smile at him like the love sick Alpha that I am. I love Derek. Not yet in the way a mate should be, but as my best friend a confidante.

"Thank you, I needed to hear you say that."

"I know." He said with a knowing smirk. I of course role my eyes at him and push his shoulder.

He of course then grabs my pillow to start beating me with.
"Say mercy and maybe I will stop."

"Never!"

"Well your asking for it mate!"

Derek then started to hit me with the pillow and started to straddle me. Oh no. Right then he threw away the pillow and  started to tickle me.

Giggles of laughter just spouted from my mouth. "STOP" I yelled at him, but it lost its edge from my laughter.

"You have to say mercy and say you will go on a date with me."

"Huh" then he he was tickling me with a new enthusiasm. "Mercy!"

And of course he was smirking down at me. "So when do you want to have our date?"

"I guess Friday night." I say while shrugging.

"Perfect. But I am going to have to get going. My father wants to have some bonding time with me."

" Good luck. On the bright side he is trying now."

Derek nods as he heads to the door. "Yeah, but I would much rather spend time with you. The person that cares about me the most."

" Yeah, I'm pretty great."

"I will see you tomorrow Ash." Then Derek walked out the door.

I can't help, but be worried though. Derek's father is quite the neglectful parent. I hope that there bonding time will go well.

I just want Derek to be happy.