Part 5

So I got my sentencing today. 20 months in a fucking women's jail.

Shoved into a busted old van I was greeted by a warm face.
"Hey newbie. I'm Morello. We go by last names in Lichfield"

"Chapman" I mustered up. She seemed nice. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad being around women only for a while.

As we arrived Morello handed me a toothbrush and some essentials before I was patted down, stripped of my clothes and what little belongings I had, and given bright orange overalls.

"Hey these look like Toms" I said happily to the grouchy old lady staring at me.
"What?"

"They're shoes." I said. Mouth agape. Clearly fashion isn't her strong point.

"Alright now squat and cough."
I'm sorry I don't think I heard that correctly.
"I beg your pardon"
"Squat. Spread your cheeks and give me a big cough."

She said clearly as I must have been wasting her time or whatever.

I did as told, feeling violated. And threw on my overalls.

Greeting a few people along the way, Morello showed me to my temporary home. It was a small cell like room with three other ladies in it. A bald old lady, a dying old lady. And some scraggy haired youngster paying no attention whatsoever to my arrival.

Turns out both the ladies are pretty much dying. One has cancer, and he other has to sleep with a giant mask on her face so she doesn't die in her sleep. Apparently she had a heart attack when she first came to Lichfield.

Ohh this is going to be a joyride.