2.Raging Revelations

BOOM!

The sound of a blaster firing silences the hall filled with Trykens. I look up to see what happened when I spot a huge hole in the wall beside me. My eyes widen in realisation.

Someone just attempted to murder me.

Two guards immediately rush to either side of me. They begin escorting back towards the safety of my room. As we enter the main passageway which contains my room, Aunt Giana comes into view. Her expression a mixture of concern and anger. She rushes over to me once she spots me.

"Esme, are you okay dear?",she asks while her eyes simultaneously scan my body in search of any injuries."Yes, I'm fine", I say whilst shaking my head to try to rid my self of the thoughts and questions swarming through my mind. "I'm fine", I say once again although sounding more like I am reassuring myself than her. Maybe I am.

"Did you find out who is responsible for this?", I ask desperately trying to process what just happened. "No dear", She shakes her head sadly. The action betrays her real emotions. "But what I do know is that there isn't just one person", she says slowly preparing me for her next words,"there is a whole group of them, they've formed a rebellion." Her now hazel eyes sparkle violently with fury so intense that I have to look away.

I could feel the aggravation coursing through my veins. "Why, why would someone want to kill me? What would they gain from me being dead? Why would they do something like this?",I voice a few of the questions plaguing my mind, frustration and anger seeping into my words as I run my fingers through my hair not caring if I mess it up.

"The Trykens have come to the conclusion that you are a threat to our race because of your powers."

What?

Aunt Giana looks around before pulling me away from the guards, who I realised were still standing there, and into my room. She sucks in a huge breath of air before she begins talking. "Look", she starts out hesitantly,"I have an inkling that there are Nayoks on Neptune who have shape shifted to fit in with the Trykens. I think that they are the ones who introduced the idea of a rebellion to the Nayoks, and that they are the ones who want you dead."

So now not only do my own people want me dead, another race from another planet from an entirely different planetary system want me dead also. How marvelous.

"Nayoks invaded Neptune? But there hasn't been a sign of them ever since the war five years ago."

"Yes but that doesn't mean that they were just sitting around doing nothing Esme. They must have been planning something big."

It makes sense. I mentally scold my self for thinking that the Nayoks would just leave us alone. They were going for full domination, they wouldn't allow any hurdles on their path. However, there is still one question playing on my mind

"Why now after all these years?"

She answers instantly," It is most probably because they found out about your powers. Everything about your powers. Including the fact that on your 18th birthday your powers start to become stronger and more vast. However, it takes around three to four months for your body to fully adapt to amount of power it has to contain. During these few months your body will be really weak and no functioning at its full capacity. Because of the condition you will be in, you become very vulnerable and an easy target. That's probably why they launched an attack today, they want you out of the way as soon as possible so that they are free to take over Neptune. Have you thought about why the Nayoks never returned to Neptune? Its because they are scared Esme. Scared of you."