Chapter 3

So I'm siting completely still on a park bench I found because I needed to process the information. I decided the best thing to do was to enter my mind palace.

What am I supposed to do stranded in a what parallel universe or some shit where apparently superheroes and aliens that aren't microorganisms exist?

I'm not going to try to get on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s  radar cause that's just bad news and also I've only watched up until like season two of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. so I'm not even completely caught up.

I don't want the Avengers to notice me if they even exist right now because I don't even know what year or movie I'm in. This is just bad. I shouldn't have followed that fucking cat.

I don't even live in Manhattan so I'm going to have to find a way to get back to The Bronx, also by the way why are there OD movies and shows in New York but almost no one is from or films from the Bronx and if they do it's only about the Yankees? Some goddamn bullshit I tell you.

Well I guess I'm taking the Subway even though I don't know what trains to take because I let my mother pay attention to that shit. Most likely I'm going to get lost but honestly don't care.

I stood up scanning the crowd looking for the green railings and colored number signs that indicate a station. When I finally found one I rushed through the road because there was like two seconds before the light turned green.

Surprisingly enough I made it and then I couldn't stop running so I crashed into a wall painfully. 

"Fucking hell" I groaned peeling my cheek from the wall and looking to the side I saw a lady with bright pink hair that faded to purple staring at me weirdly.

I smiled awkwardly, "I like your hair." I offered and she just looked bemused and walked away.

"Well that could have gone better," I rubbed my sore cheek and walked towards the steps to the train.

Once I got down I saw the familiar turnstile and realized that I gave my school metro card to my aunt because she wanted to use it since I walk to school and that I didn't have any money.

Well to make sure I opened my brown bag and dug into it to find a worn little pouch with the words 'Puerto Rico' on it that my step-father gave me from his trip. Inside were just receipts and a few pennies, oh and a nickel.

Nothing nearing enough to pay the fare of $2.75 which let me tell you is frankly ridiculous as I've heard my family complain about it.

I looked around quickly and saw that there were not many people here in the first place and no one was paying attention to a 5'3 girl wearing a uniform with a bulky backpack and purse.

Guess I'm hopping.

Yes I saw the sign that it's a crime to avoid fare blah blah blah but I willfully ignored it. Usually I would just go through the door if someone opened it or go under when I was a bit younger.

However I wasn't going to crawl with my backpack on me so jumping it really was the easiest solution. There weren't even police people guarding it or anything so really proved I was in Manhattan. Nobody would care. Or so I hope.

Adjusting the straps of my bag I quickly thanked the lord I was wearing my stretchy pants and then put my hands on either side of the turnstile propelled myself and got my legs on either side then I jumped landing with a small thud. Great no biggy nothing to worry about

"Excuse me miss, but you should not have done that."

Welp. Fantastic. I looked up and saw the face of Chris Evans looking at me with a small frown.

Even though I knew it wasn't Evans. This was Cap. Captain Rogers. Captain America. Steven Grant Rogers.

"Fuck."