Chapter 18

Hunter

I took a little detour getting back to the pack house. I needed to run and clear my head. I had no idea what I was thinking talking to Maya like that.

I mean it was true, I had not planned on having that conversation today . . . especially after I had the conversation with my dad. I wasn't interested in playing the role of good guy today, but that doesn't mean I didn't plan on having that conversation with her . . . eventually

I knew it needed to be said. Every time we got too physical Maya pulled away and I knew it was because she was scared of sex. But if we were going to be mates, which yes I did realize the unfortunate irony of these thoughts, we were going to eventually have sex. We had to. And I wanted her to be as comfortable as possible with that idea, but that meant she had to stop pulling away every time we made-out.

I think I made progress today, but only after I lost control.

The way Maya was in her wolf form really turned me on. I was telling the truth when I told her so. She had this wildness to her that made me believe or at least begin to believe that she could be what I needed. The way she jumped over that cliff, and the mid-air shift . . . even fully trained Alpha's couldn't perfect that skill with such grace. And just the way she looked in the water. Her eyes looked even bluer, her hair so strikingly red, and when she took a breath the very top of her full breasts broke the surface of the water and then disappeared again. Everything about it had me begging for more.

That was why I got into the water even though I hadn't planned on it. And then when she touched my chest. It was different. Different than the other times she touched me, then the other times we'd kissed and I just couldn't hold back. The feel of her bare chest against mine, the way her legs squeezed the life out of my hips and her fingers tugging at my hair. Goddess, just thinking about it again I was turned on. I wanted to do it again.

I wasn't lying to her when I said that there was fun we could have before I fucked her . . . I was planning on having a little bit of that fun tonight. After what happened at the waterfall I truly believed she was ready and I had been itching to taste her since this morning

When I arrived back at the pack house I shifted in the trees and pulled my shorts back on. As soon as I stepped into the backyard I saw Wolfe jogging over to none other than Maya.

The little shit didn't even hesitate at the sign of an opportunity, I had to give him that. However, when Caspar called him back over to spare I smiled to myself. This was a perfect opportunity.

I waited until Maya made it back into the pack house, then I jogged over to the group.

Damien, Tony, and my dad were out with Oli, Caspar, and Wolfe. I had no idea where Ro was, but I thought it was weird. Ro usually never missed a chance to hand someone their own ass.

"Hunter," Damien called over, "I am glad you could join us," He smiled, but I noticed it didn't go to his eyes. There was something going on there and it didn't seem to be the usual anger towards me that was hiding behind his eyes.

"Yeah," I rolled my shoulders, "I am all warmed up and ready, if someone wants to spare with me," I smirked at Wolfe.

"Sorry, Caspar, this will have to wait. This has been a long time coming," Wolfe walked over and squared off with me.

"I couldn't agree more, brother," I smirked and widened my stance preparing for his attack.

He winked at me and then lunged, but it wasn't sloppy or off balance. It was low down and strategic, so when I lunged to the side to avoid him, he quickly adjusted his feet and faced off with me again, preparing himself to dodge the punch I threw next. When he dodged, I saw an opening and acted quick. I pushed myself forward shoving him off his feet and tackling him to the ground.