Chapter 3: Little Feet (Part 1)

"A deranged mental patient escaped Dolphin Gate Mental Hospital last night,"

The man on the television began,

"It is unknown how he had gotten out, and security cameras seem to have been cut in certain areas, making the suspect's method of escaping even more mysterious. Police say that they will do all they can to arrest this escapee as soon as possible, and usher people to stay inside until further notice."

Enrico listened closely to what was said on the news report, immediately suspecting something of this information. It hasn't even been a week since meeting Valentine, and now a deranged sociopath is on the loose? Could it have been a Stand user?

"What does the magic man in the picture device mean by that?"

Valentine said from the kitchen, hearing everything from there.

"It's a T.V, and that man is a news reporter, Valentine."

Enrico changed the channel to something more light hearted,

"And he means a dangerous person is on the loose. Which also means we could both be at risk."

"At risk of what?"

"At risk of running into a possibly aggressive Stand user."

Silence came upon the both of them for a short while as Valentine walked into the living room, a fresh cup of coffee in hand.

"On a happier note, I think I'm getting better with this tech, Pucci! I made this coffee stuff you make sometimes."

Enrico looked over at Valentine, raising an eyebrow.

"Did you turn off the coffee maker?"

Silence between them both.

"..Wait, it doesn't turn off by itself?"

-----------------------------

He had been able to escape the police, but only by chance. He was just able to blend in with a crowd of people, making his way to somewhere more isolated so he could possibly call his Boss. Ever since he was put in that hospital, his calls from his Boss had been less frequent, and he had been unable to protect himself at all. Now that he was away from that hospital and wasn't being force fed strange pills and such, he might just be able to call his Boss again and see what he needed to do now.

"Du-du du-du~!"

The sound of a phone! How convenient for one to be here in this isolated alleyway of all places.

"Duuu-du du du-du~!"

It was louder, and he was getting close to it. Where was the phone? He could've sworn he heard it. He dug through some trash, trying to search for the phone before finding a rotten banana peel.

"Click!"

He put it up to his ear.

"B-Boss? Boss! I thought you'd never call.."

He started leaning against the alley wall, keeping look out for police officers.

"Oh, my sweet, sweet Doppio."

The man on the other end started,

"Of course I'd call you. You're my most loyal and cherished subordinate."

Doppio had to smile from that, but quickly reminded himself to be serious. This was the Boss he was talking to!

"Well, besides that.. Why'd you call me now, Boss?"

Boss on the other end was silent for a moment.

".. We're not entirely safe, my Doppio. I have this feeling that we aren't alone."