Numb.

"Your late." 

Steman glared at me as I walked through the classroom door. I could feel his glare on my skin as I moved but I couldn't bring myself to face him. I couldn't face anybody right now. 

I just walked past him and took a seat near the window distracting myself with the veiw of the woods. He continued on with his lecture oblivious to my mood. 

I wished I could be like that

. Oblivious.

Perhaps then I wouldn't be feeling like this.

I hated it. it felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest and now my chest was ripped open with nothing to display but a deep black hole. 

It kept playing over and over in my head. "I, Caleb James Kavenaugh, Beta of the Dark moon pack reject you Isobel Reynolds as my mate." 

Reject you Isobel Reynolds as my mate. Reject.. reject.. reject.

That word hurt more every time I heard it, like a bullet to the brain, it killed me. 

I wished I could start this whole day over perhaps worn something different.

I wasn't vain enough to think that if I had worn a shorter skirt and a tighter shirt then Caleb would accept me. I couldn't help but think this was my own fault, perhaps if I hadn't closed myself out of the pack then maybe  just maybe I'd be with Caleb right now.

His arms tight around me as we strolled through town, exchanging random facts inorder to get to know one another. 

Time drifted slowly, the minutes passed before my eyes and I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I couldn't stop myself picturing the look in his eyes as he rejected me. He was calm and cool, whilst my heart was breaking.

He's proabably laughing at me with the Alpha right now and lining up his choice of pack sluts as we speak. 

Then I started to picture it, him with another she wolf.

His arms wrapped around her as he kissed her feverishly laying her down on a bed.

He reached out to smooth back her hair and wipe a make-up stain from her eye. He smiled at her. His hazel eyes tinted golden with the prospect of love as he reached to kiss her once more. 

I heard him moan as she bit his lip. She knew that he liked that, and he leaned down and confessed his love to her, making her smile. Love that should have been mine. 

 "Izzy, are you ok?" 

A hand wrapped around mine, warm and familiar. I breathed in the comforting smell of musk and fresh rain. Two scents I loved, and yet they refused to bring me comfort. 

"Isobel your scaring me."

I opened my mouth to respond but no sound came out. I inhaled deeply and tried again, but nothing came out but a breathy whimper. 

"Oh Is." Tristan murmered, "What's wrong?"

I shook my head, throwing myself into his arms.  I pushed my nose against his neck trying to inhale as much of his scent as I possibly could.

"Did He hurt you Is?" Tristan growled pulling me back slightly to check for any obvious injuries, too bad he couldn't see the shatters in my heart. 

Tristan trailed his fingers over my face wiping stray tears I hadn't realised were falling. He breathed in deeply testing the air. 

"What did he do to you Belly? Tell me."