Tэи

Kids run down the street laughing and giggling. Ghost, Brandon, Ryan and I are lying on the ground pretending to be dead. It's Halloween and the rest of the guys are out buying candy and glow sticks. Chris pulls into the driveway and runs over to me. He kisses me then runs into the house.

"I fucking love Christopher Cerulli!" I scream laughing. "Now do my makeup bitch!" I watch Ghost get up and run into the house to get our facial makeup. He comes over to me and sits next to my face.

"Eleanor do you really love him?" he asks. I look up to his skull face and smile sheepishly.

"Devin I'm in love with Chris. Why, does he not love me?" I start to sit up worried.

"No, no. He loves you. Like he says all the time, he will love you more than you could ever realize. I just... he's one of my best friends. I've seen him get hurt. Promise me you won't do that."

"You don't have to worry about that Dev. I'll most likely die before I hurt him." Ghost nods and finishes up my face. He takes the stuff back inside and then I notice the sun going down. Halloween music starts playing in our house and I chuckle, knowing its Chris's idea. Kids run up to the house and squeal in excitement when they get their candy. A kid stops beside me and pokes my nose. I look up at him and start to get up like a zombie.

"Ahh!" he screams. "A zombie!" he falls to the ground and I lift him up.

"I'm not a zombie sweetie. Here have a green glow stick."

"Cool. You look just like a zombie. Mommy! Can I have a picture with the zombie lady?" I watch a woman come towards us with a unicorn behind her.

"Sure Pedro." I kneel down to his height and we get a picture together.

"Thank you zombie lady!"

"You're welcome Pedro. Happy Halloween." He runs off with the unicorn behind him. Pedro was dressed as a sheriff. "A sheriff and a unicorn. What a weird match." I walk up to the house and sit by the door. It opens and Ricky comes out.

"The dead has woken. What woke you?"

"A sheriff. His name was Pedro and his trusty steed was a unicorn." Ricky laughs and sits beside me. His facial makeup is like a skull. No doubt Ghost did it too. We pass out all the candy then around ten the boys friends start showing up for our Halloween party.

"Dad!" I scream when I see him walk through the front door. His smile stretches across his face and he lifts me in a hug, kissing my cheek. "I can't believe you came."

"I know doll face, but I couldn't pass up a time to spend with you." I drag my over to Chris and my grin grows huge.

"Chris this is my dad. Dad this is Chris, my boyfriend." They shake hands then do a bro hug.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sonny. I've heard so much about you," dad says.

"All good I hope," Chris laughs.

"Don't worry. Eleanor doesn't have a single bad thing to say about you." My father smiles down at me then looks at Chris. I stare at the man before me. He looks different than when I saw him last as a child. His hair is now a dark gray and he has a think beard also. His green eyes have deepened in intensity but haven't dulled over time. Worry lines mark his forehead and laugh lines his eyes.

"Eleanor?" Chris says. I look at him with a sheepish smile. He smiles back and his eyes are soft. "Your dad and I are going to talk privately. You going to be okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I'll be just fine. Go," I push him towards my dad. Chris kisses me the retreats slowly. "I love you," I mouth. He smiles and mouths it back. I feel my heart flutter and stomach fill with butterflies.