Chapter 37: Catharsis

37: Catharsis

Kay / Marc

He left work when Alexander found him in the hall. "Hello, Marc, how's it going?" He asked.

"Good, thank you," Marc said, shaking his hand.

"Actually, you don't look very well, my friend ... would you like to drink a few beers and tell me what's wrong with you?" -

The relationship with Alexander had grown even stronger since he served as Cupid a year ago by reserving the room in Hamburg. He was a good friend and occasionally took advantage of some free weekend to join his teammates including Anne-Alexander's girlfriend- there, they prepared a roast and shared good times together.

"All right, come on," Marc agreed, "thinking he didn't want to meet Kay at home yet.

They got to the bar and ordered a couple of beers; while they were attended, Alexander asked him: "Well, what is it, why are you looking like shit?

After telling him briefly what happened to Kay, he concluded by saying: "... the truth is that I feel hurt, do you understand what I'm saying? I feel that this important decision should have been taken together since even though Kay would be the biological father, I would be the father too; we would make a family and it seems that Kay doesn't see it like this ... I feel that he is leaving me aside.

"I understand you perfectly," Alexander agreed.

"Besides, why the fuck does Kay let himself be influenced by Emma? I don't know if he didn't realize it, but it is obvious that she is attracted to him, and the fact of impinging on something so important would mean that he would be bound to her forever ... "Marc finished with a look of fury on his face -.

"Marc, you should talk to Kay and tell him how you feel; both of you make a great couple, I knew it from the first time I saw you, and these kinds of situations are the ones that must learn to get by if you want your relationship to last ... Not always is going to be happy and in this type of circumstances is where understanding and empathy must prevail, "Alexander advised.

"Yes, I know you're right; but he has fucked me with this situation ... Today he saw her and I don't know what they agreed ... "It's not that I feel jealous ... well maybe a little bit, I have to admit it; although I'm sure Kay doesn't feel any kind of attraction towards her, it bothers me anyway ... "

At that moment, his cell phone rang. It was the third time in the last two hours. He knew it was him because all the previous calls he had been diverted. Letting go of the impulse, he again diverted the call. "Fuck you!" He thought.

"I have to pee," he said to Alexander as he got up.

Kay at home looked like a caged lion; he went from one place to another without knowing what to do. He was worried about Marc so he decided to send him a message: "Marc, why don't you answer? Is everything okay? He sent it and waited.

When he came out of the bathroom, he heard the WhatsApp beep; he read it but decided not to answer. He felt really hurt and angry. He returned to the table and continued to chat with Alexander, not only about his problem but about other unimportant issues. It was what he needed, he thought, to relax for a while and try to calm himself. He'd talk to Kay later.

"Scheiße!" Kay cursed when he saw that Marc had read the message but hadn't answered. He went into the kitchen, took a beer out of the refrigerator, and leaned against the kitchen counter as he thought of Marc and at the same time recapitulated the conversation he had had with Emma that afternoon. He had to talk to her; because her proposal had not the slightest chance of being.