Part 1- Friends... Right?

Unprompted, unedited, and most likely unappreciated but I wanna have fun okay. Lemme live.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️         

Remus

As I woke up I felt the presence of my favorite snake man, De, snuggled up against me. He's warm, comfy, soft and... perfect. Him and I are just friends, though. Friends with benefits at most. What are you supposed to do when you're suppressed to the back of someone's mind for most of eternity anyways?

As De snuggled closer I kept thinking about what happened last night. We got drunk again, no surprise, and fucked again, no surprise. This happens constantly. Which is why I can't stand it anymore.

My feelings for De are too deep, too touchy for my liking. Hell, I'm supposed to be the one who supplies bad ideas, why would I ever think of a good one? Why should I even have good ones? I don't deserve him anyways. He's too witty, too charming, too charismatic to waste himself on me. A stinky trash man. Who tries to throw Thomas off of buildings at least twice a week. Why would anyone in any state of mind want me of all people?

De

I woke up in his arms. His soft yet strong arms. He's warm, comforting like this. When we're not putting on a show, this is the him I... I love. Of course, he can't love me back with my horrible reputation and all, but a man can dream.

I felt him sigh into the hair on my head, his hot breath flowing through my follicles. Even in the mornings his breath smelled great, like spearmint and caramel. He was obviously awake by his heartbeat, but there was no point in disturbing him. That was the good part about being a bad guy. We don't have to do anything if we don't want to. I can just... love him when I please.

Yet, when I think of him, I'm filled with guilt. He is my best friend after all, and since we started getting frisky I noticed that things weren't the same. He's been lying to me, saying he's alright when he's really not.

I don't know what to do anymore.