Caught Up

Harry was still closing himself off. I explained to him what happened last night when he screamed. When I was telling him, he kept nodding and frowning like he remembered what happened. I tried asking if he remembered and he kept saying that he didn't and then he would murmur things to himself. After a few attempts on getting him to speak, I got frustrated.

"Harry! Stop your murmuring and speak to me properly!" I huffed, tugging at my hair. Harry looked at me and sighed. He buried his face in his hands and I heard a small sniffle. I leaned my head back on the lounge and mentally groaned. After a while, I heard Harry speak with a small voice.

"I'm sorry." I lifted my head and looked at Harry again. He looked worried. I sighed and moved closer to him.

"Harry. You're my best friend. You mean a lot to me. So please stop this act and tell me what's wrong or at least what that whole scene was about." I commanded. Harry rubbed his forehead with his hand and trembled as he tried to start speaking. I couldn't help but feel guilty. I wrapped my arms around him and he whimpered into my shoulder.

"Lo..." He mumbled. I sighed and closed my eyes.

I didn't realize that I could be so selfish.

I was so caught up in snooping on Harry to realize that all he needed was a friend; i.e me.

I was so caught up in trying to find his "secrets", that I didn't comfort him or even try to be there for him.

After a while, Harry finally stopped sniffling into my shoulder and decided to tell me a few things. It wasn't everything, but it was quite interesting.

Harry wiped his nose with his sleeve and leaned away from me, giving me space again. I took a deep breath of relief now that his weight was finally off of me. I heard Harry take a deep breath as well. His leg knocked against mine and stayed there.

"Harry, can you tell me what all this is about now?" I asked. Harry nodded and rubbed his hands together. He had a concentrated face, preparing what he should say.

"Well, uh. What happened last night, I think was a panic attack." He admitted. I nodded and he murmured something under his breath.

"Well, why did you have a panic attack?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. I tilted my head and raised my eyebrow. Harry rolled his eyes and let out a little groan. As I was about to ask him again, when my phone rang. I turned it back on silent and pushed it away. I faced Harry again and he raised his eyebrow. I waved my hand in the air to tell him it's nothing.

"Harry.. Why?" I asked again.

"Why what?"

"Harry.." I warned him. He gave me a small smug grin. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Okay, fine. I've been, uh, having some, uh, bizarre dreams lately." He answered; quite short, I must add.

"How bizarre?"

"Just things that scare me."

"What scares you?"

"Bloody hell, Lo! Just get a light and shine it in my face! This isn't an interrogation!" Squealed Harry. I laughed.

"Don't squeal, huh Harry?" I joked. Harry tilted his head in confusion before realizing my joke. He chuckled a bit before getting serious again.

"Seriously Lo."

"Sorry Harrison." I mumbled. Harry bit his cheeks when I said his name. I just chuckled. "I've just been so worried about you. You've been so closed off lately and ignoring me and then last night happened and I was so scared. Your door was bloody locked Harry! I couldn't get in at first. What if I couldn't find the key and you were dying in there!" Harry shook his head.