Chapter 8

Daytona

Mel shivered in anticipation, Chase's lips on hers, his tongue licking her bottom lip. His mouth molding to hers as as he lined up with her entrance and slid into her smoothly, filling her completely. "Oh God Chase. Yes." She moaned, and he moved slowly within her, starting to pick up his pace. "I can't get enough of you Mel." He said breathlessly. She wrapped her legs around his hips as he drove into her. "You feel so fucking good Chase." He slammed into her harder. She arched up off the bed, her hips rising up to meet him. A wave of warmth washing over her. She wrapped her legs around him tighter, holding him against her as she tightened around him and her orgasm hit her like a train, her eyes fluttering, rolling into the back of her head as it peaked. He made her feel so damn good. He never failed to make her cum at least twice, something no man was ever able to do for her. Chase Elliott was definitely something special.

Mel's eyes snapped open. She was drenched in sweat. Not again, she thought to herself frustrated.

Why did she keep having these dreams about Chase? It was just sex. It was amazing sex, but it was over.

Dammit! Chase. Shit! She rolled over and looked at her clock. She had to meet Chase in an hour. Her first official day as his PR rep.

She groaned and rolled out of bed and headed to the shower. This was going to be a long day.

After showering and getting dressed in her Hendrick polo and jeans, Mel made her way to Chase's bus.

Kaylie answered the door and glared daggers at her. Mel really didn't have time for her petty, jealous attitude. She and Chase needed to get going.

Finally, Chase stepped into the room, also in jeans and a Hendrick polo. "What's the rest of my day look like?" He asked.

Mel sighed, did he not get her text? "After Hooters, you have media with Jimmie, Alex and William. You have about a thirty minute break after that, then you have to meet with Chevy." She unlocked her phone and pulled up the information, reading it out to him."

"What have I got going on tomorrow?" He asked.

"Chase, I sent everything you had scheduled by text last night. Did you not get it?" She fought the urge to roll her eyes. She had heard Chase was difficult to work with, but hell, first day on the job.

Chase pulled out his phone. "I'm sorry Mel, I didn't get it." He looked pointedly at Kaylie.

"Never mind, I'll send it again." She tapped a few buttons and Chase's phone went pinged with the alert. "We have to get going, or you'll be late." She reminded him.

Chase wasn't sure exactly what Kaylie was up to. He didn't doubt for one second that Mel had sent him the information. She was very efficient and took her job very seriously.

He was certain that Kaylie had seen the text from Mel come through and deleted it. What was she hoping to accomplish? To purposely make Mel look bad, most likely.

On his way to Hooters for his appearance, he changed the passcode on his phone. He could confront her, but she would deny it anyway, so it wouldn't do any good.

"I'm sorry about that." He apologized to Mel.

"It's fine Chase. No harm done." She tried to brush it off, put on a calm facade, but inside, she was a bundle of nerves.

Riding through the drivers lot in a golf cart with Chase, his close proximity to her was unnerving. If she moved any farther away from him, she would fall out of the damn cart. Why did he have to smell so damn good! The memory of her dream came rushing back to her. He looked so damn good. He felt incredible.

Damn Chase Elliott for making her feel things she did not want to feel.

*******************************************

"Your new PR girl is gorgeous." Chase snapped his head around to look at his teammate Alex Bowman, who was seated to his left, as they awaited their media session to get started.

"I'll say. Want to trade?" William Byron on his right laughed.

Chase could not believe the comment that came out of William's mouth. He shouldn't have been so surprised though. Ever since Willy B started working with Chad, he had started coming out of his shell. He was still the Boy Scout, but he wasn't as reserved and quiet as he used to be.

They were finished with their media session, and Chase had gotten up and was about to leave when Alex stopped him. "Is there anything going on with you and Melanie?" He asked nervously.

Fuck! Was it that obvious? "I...uh.. I was thinking of asking her out, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything going on between the two of you first." Alex explained.

Chase was about to breathe a sigh of relief, when a pang of jealously hit him. He tried to brush it off. Alex was a good guy. Hell, he was a great guy. He would treat Mel right, but Chase didn't want Mel dating anyone else.

Maybe she wouldn't even go for Alex. Who knows. He couldn't admit his and Mel's history though. Instead, he sucked up his feelings. "There's nothing going on with us. I have a girlfriend." Chase said.

Alex grinned and slapped him on the back. "Thanks Chase." He said, walking towards Mel, as another reporter approached Chase.

******************************************

Mel checked her reflection in the mirror one last time, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

She looked at the time, fifteen minutes to go. Alex Bowman had asked her out. She had seen him and Chase talking, they had both glanced in her direction. She had wondered what they were talking about, until Alex approached her. After talking for a few minutes, he asked her if she would like to go out for dinner that night. That's probably what he and Chase were discussing.

She liked Alex. She had gotten to know him a little from when she worked social media. He was a really nice guy. He was quiet, kind of shy, but had a really good sense of humor once you got to know him. He was...safe. That was probably the best way to describe him.

She had decided she was ready to start dating again. Anything to get Chase out of her mind, and what better way to do that than with a "safe" guy.

She said yes to Alex, and she couldn't help but notice the blush creep across his cheeks. His hazel eyes lit up. He really was cute, but best of all, he wasn't Chase. That ship had sailed.

She found herself looking forward to her date with Alex. If he could get her mind off of Chase, all the better.