2007 Leonardo (Raphael and Donatello) - Homework

Sometimes, you felt bad for being the only one out of your brothers to be able to go to school.  Sure, you taught them what you learned when Donnie didn't, but you still felt horrible;  a lot of times you wished you were a mutant like they were.  At least then you wouldn't be stuck on homework problems like you were now.

        "Something on your mind?"

        You jumped when you heard your eldest brother's voice.  Looking up, you saw him peering down at your homework page.  You groaned in response and moved to stand.  Leo's hands on your shoulders, however, kept you down.

        "Hang on, there;  maybe I can help."

        You give him an incredulous look and he laughed.

        "Donnie checked on you earlier, but since he had to get back to Raph--"  Who had been injured by a mugger on their patrol.  "--he sent me up to try and help you figure it out."

        "But...you might not understand it.  I go to school and I still don't understand it."

        He chuckled.  "But your school doesn't have people who live with Donatello."

        You smiled at that.  "Yeah, they don't."

        You and Leo relocated to your bed, both of you laying on your stomach with your binder and homework between you.

        "Okay, let's see..."

        Leo began scanning your homework while you rested your head on your hand, watching his face crease in thought.

        "I think I got it!"  His face lit up and you picked up your pencil.

        "So, what you have to do is..."

        "So how'd it go?"  Raph asked as you walked in, school bag still slung over your shoulder.

        You give a crooked smile and pull out your homework, which had a '0' circled on the top corner.  Raph winced.

        "That bad, huh?"

        "I'm sorry."

        You jumped and looked up to see Leo leaning over you, much like he had when you needed help with your homework.  Donnie was looking it over too.

        "Here, you can do corrections for me," you said, handing it to Donnie.  You pecked Raph on the cheek.  "Get better soon."

        Then you scrambled to catch up with Leo.

        "Leo, wait!"  You caught his arm and when he looked down at you, he had such guilt in his eyes that your heart melted.

        "I'm so sorry, sis," he mumbled.

        You hugged him, smiling up at him.

        "Don't worry about it, Leo," you chirped.  "I don't care about one bad grade."

        "But I didn't help you get a single question right."  He looked so glum.

        "Leo, no one's good at everything.  Besides, if I had done it by myself, I bet I would've gotten every question wrong too."  He gave you a weird look and you stared back before you both burst out laughing.  "I'm pretty bad at cheering people up."

        "You are," Leo agreed, chuckling, "but I appreciate the effort.  I'll stick to vigilante work, and you stick to school work.  Deal?"

        You nodded, grinning.  "Deal."

        You two shook on it.

        "Hey!  Bet I can beat your butt in Mikey's new video game!"  you exclaim, releasing his hand and racing for the couch.

        "I'll make you eat those words!"  Leo retorted, rushing after you.