Tianna

"Oh hi Pep. Its so nice of you to come and see me."

Jet waved. I walked into his room. I saw her sitting beside him on his bed. She was beautiful. Her hair was black, long and straight. He skin was pale and her lips were pink and her smile was bright. Who is she?

"Hello."

She spoke and waved to me.

"Uh..Hi.."

I couldn't speak straight.

"This is Tianna Silvers. She came to visit town. And she heard that I was sick so she dropped by. She and I had a childhood together."

Jet looked at Tianna and both of them smiled at each other. Like I wasn't even there. But who am I to get jealous like that? I'd be over reacting..

"That's great! Umm.. I'm Pepper. Nice to meet you."

I held out my hand to her and she shook it. Like any other person would. But she hesitated at first. I don't know why.

"Pleasure is all mine. Jet told me a lot about you. I wasn't surprised when I saw you."

"Oh.. Is that so?"

I just looked down. I didn't know how to respond to that.

"So how was school Pep?"

Jet took my hand and smiled. His hands were warm. He did have a fever.

"School wasn't the same without you there. I hope you're feeling better. I don't want you to get sick like that. You worry me."

"I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend, Pep."

Jet giggled and I felt my cheeks get warm. Oh man.. I shouldn't be blushing at a time like this. We have another person in the room. Its pretty embarrassing for me. I glanced and I saw Tianna gave me a nasty little look. I took my hand off of Jet's grip.

"Is there anything wrong, Tianna?"

I asked her. I had to know if there was anything going on.

"No.. Anyway, you should probably be going now. Jet needs to rest. So nice of you to visit."

With that, she got up and showed me to the door. I didn't even last 5 minutes in there. She's getting rid of me already? That's a little harsh.

"Wait. I still have things to talk about with Jet. This will only take a while."

I sat beside Jet's bed leaving Tianna holding the door open. I know it's a little rude but I needed to talk to Jet.

"Its okay Tia, I wanna talk to Pep a little bit longer. I'm not tired yet."

Jet gestured Tianna to close the door and come sit down.

"Fine. I'll be downstairs. When I get back, she has to go."

She walked out and closed the door. I wonder what her problem is. It almost looked like she wanted more alone time with Jet, but I don't wanna jump into conclusions. I just stared at the door, confused because of what just happened.

"Don't worry, I bet she's just tired of all the traveling. You're not bothered are you?"

Jet took my hand and looked at me.

"What? N-no.. of course not.."

"That's good. So is there anything you want to talk to me about?"

"Oh yeah, well we have math homework. But don't worry, the teacher said you're excused."

"Good to hear. I need a break from all the X and Y's."

"Haha! Yeah, me too."

Jet and I looked at each other with faint smiles. We just sat there staring at each other. It almost felt like eternity. We never lost eye contact.