25

Minhyuk

I thought that I would have the worst day ever by meeting her parents in a formal setting and I would be faced with total awkwardness from both sides when SooNa will go away and then she will come back later, I definitely hate that moment a lot and it had happened once before. SoHye's parents were exactly like that, she had me meet them a year after we started dating officially and I still remembered that it is one of the most awkward moments of my life, I am usually not very talkative but I am definitely not an introvert and I can hold a conversation for hours but with SoHye's parents who is as high profile as she herself makes me unable to be at ease.

Being with them changes my entire character and I am forced to act like someone that I am not, because I was so pressurized of meeting her and her parent's expectations, I have many times bought a lot of things that are not me at all, luxury watches and luxury clothing that costs close to a thousand that I had only wore it to meet her parents and I kept in the closet for the remaining of the time. I had like 5 of those suits that I would never wear since I don't need to wear them on a daily basis and I have no one to impress other than SoHye's parents.

And thus I had a rather toxic relationship with her for the next 3 years but I'm glad that I have broken up with her before it gets too late and we are already getting married, if I still continue to be with her, I would have to take out a loan by now because of those expensive gifts that I would have to buy her. She is glad to have left me as well because I haven't given her the wealth that she wants, that I hadn't proposed with a whole load of cash in my mouth other than the fact that I couldn't provide the amount of attention that she wants.

But this family friend of hers completely changed my whole impression of the girlfriend's best friend which is more like part of her family, she is so friendly and generous that I have no way of ever rejecting what she has given me. She is definitely way too kind that she doesn't notice that she is giving most of her stuff to me, and she barely knows me for her to be this kind to me.

I almost puked when I spotted her friend coming out of the counter, in her hands is two full trays of doughnuts that she just made it out of the oven. How the heck did she even have so much food? And she owns a bookstore, not a cafe nor a restaurant but yet I have no idea how does she have so much food in her kitchen when coffee is more famous than any other thing in here.

"Minhyuk ssi, have more of this! I am extremely good at making, especially sugar-glazed doughnuts." She shouted out to me, making me feel even worse than I have been for the past 30 minutes. "It's really nice, I promise it! My speciality out of all the desserts is sugar-glazed doughnuts and I swear that you will like it." She dished the sugar-glazed doughnuts and shoved it in my hands.

"I'm sorry but I can't finish it--" I took a look at her puppy eyes. "I can surely finish this," I told her, clearly knowing that I won't be able to finish it.

SooNa put a hand to stop her. "I know that you want to impress my boyfriend with all you have but this is getting a little too far, he is a human, not one of your lab rats." I thought that I had just seen an angel ascending from the sky earlier but it is just Gong SooNa coming to my rescue.

Her friend pouted. "They are not my lab rats, they are my ex-boyfriends and besides your boyfriend seems to enjoy everything that I have prepared for him."

SooNa takes a look at me. "How is he looking happy when he is about to burst any minute? I brought him here to have a get to know session with you and you are stuffing him with food the minute he sits down."

Her friend looks at me. "Fine, I admit that I am overfeeding him but this is the first time that you are ever dating someone and he looks a little different from the one in the picture." She stares at me for the longest time while I am still taking my time to swallow the last doughnut that I have in my mouth. "Yep, he looks like a completely different person from that pretty boy, even though he is a pretty boy too with different charms from that one."

"That is because he is indeed a different person from Park JinYoung, I already told you his name and it is completely different from the previous one." She explained to her dear friend who only realized that I wasn't the jerk that Gong SooNa dated for almost 5 years.

"Oh really?" SooNa nodded and her friend looked towards me. "I'm so sorry! I have such short term memory that I can't remember things clearly after a while." It has barely been 30 minutes since SooNa has introduced us to each other and she has already forgotten about me, I wonder how she even managed to open a bookstore with a memory like that.

"It's okay, she took almost 3 years to memorise my name and my face, she even once taken me for someone else and ignored me when I was going to greet him," SooNa replied. "It's true."

"It's alright, I also take a long time to remember people's faces and it is a hassle trying to remember their faces so I would just omit to call their name naturally," I told her.

She clapped her hands in delight. "Me too! That is what I do all the time." She pointed to her assistant who is currently attending to a customer. "She has been here for almost a month and I still don't know her name, I would always omit her name when calling her because I don't want to hurt her."

I laughed in response. "That's me when I have to meet my clients. I think that we can be friends." I stretched my hand out. "I am Lee Minhyuk."

"Minatozaki Sana but you can call me Minatozaki and I am SooNa's sister because our names sound so familiar to each other." I think that this getting- to-know-her-family session isn't that awkward after all.