Chapter Five: Come Little Children

"Come little children, I'll take thee away, into a land of enchantment. Come little children, the time's come to play, here in my garden of magic." Sarah sings from the sky.

You, Max, and Allison listen to her and see all the children of the town start to leave their homes, hearing the song. "Dani!" You all simultaneously yelled.

"Hey! Hey you guys! Don't listen to her!" Max yells to the the children, from the hole in the house. They are all under a spell and don't hear him. Meanwhile, you and Allison had figured out how to stop the sisters. "Max, we figured it out." You said. "What?" He asked.

"Winifred said 'The candle's magic will soon be spent, a dawn approaches.' The black flame candle only brought them back for this one Halloween night. And unless they can steal the lives of children, when the sun comes up, they're dust." You responded, with Allison nodding. "Yeah, but how can we make the sun come up? They've got Dani. We need a miracle." Max pointed out.

The three of you get in Max's parents car, and he drives out of the garage, carefully avoiding all the kids in the street. "Hurry, okay. Oh, watch out!" Max muttered as he maneuvered through all the slow moving children. "Come on! Get out of the way! Move it!"

Allison waits in the car while you and Max go inside of the witches house. "Prepare to die! Again." Max shouted once the two of you got inside. "You, you have no powers here, you fool." Winifred said. You look up to see Jay and "Ice" locked in two hanging cages. "Hollywood!"  Jay exclaims, once he sees Max.

"Maybe not, but there's a power greater than your magic, and that's knowledge." Max retorted. "Come on, man." Jay said, disappointed.

"And there's one thing that we know that you don't." You said. "And what is that, dudes?" Winifred asked sarcastically, earning a laugh from her sisters. You glance at Max as the two of you say at the same time, "Daylight savings time."

Mary scoffs. "Daylight savings time." She says, sarcastically.

Suddenly a pink light starts to shine from behind the two of you, but it wasn't only from Allison shining the car lights through the window. The sisters panic and begin to stumble back, attempting to shield themselves from the light. You and Max start untying Dani.

"Max! Get me out of here!" Dani squeaks. "The sun!" Winifred shouts. "It hurts!" Sarah complains. The sisters all collapse and lay in heap on the floor. Once Dani is untied, she looks at you and says, "Get Binx."

You nod and grab the bag that Binx is in and the three of you head for the door. "Hey, let me outta here." Jay pleads. "Help! Hey, Hollywood. Help us out of here." Ice begs.

Max responds by reaching up and taking back his shoes from Ice. "Tubular." Max said. Max starts to leave but stops and spills the potion that was in the cauldron. Ice starts crying as Max leaves him and his friend.

Everyone runs outside and closes the door, but Dani stops and looks inside. "Max, (y/n), I wanna see her turn to dust." Dani sought. Allison then whistles from the car, and jumps around, motioning that the 'sunlight' was only from the car.

"Pump it!" Dani squeals once she understands what really happened. The three of you run and get back into the car.

"Come on! Move it!" Max shouts, driving. "Step on it Max!" Dani tells him. "Are they following us?" Max asked. You looked behind the car. "No!" You answered in relief. "Good." Max replied. Suddenly Winifred flies to the drivers side window. "Pull over! Let me see your driver's permit." Winifred said, laughing.