Ch.23 Cookout

I hurried home after running into Bella. I didn't think I'd be so shook from running into her, but my heart and adrenaline were going crazy.

I took off my shoes and threw them aside before heading up to my room. As I walked up the stairs and toward my room I realized my door was open and I never leave it open. I walk toward my room and look in only to see my mom in there staring at the many polaroids I hung up.
"What are you doing?" She jumps in surprise before looking toward me. She held a polaroid  in her left hand while staring at me like a deer in headlights.

"I was just looking at your pictures." She states. I rise a brow at her in question before walking toward her.
"Why?"
"I noticed you had a lot and I wanted to see them." She responds. I stop in front of her and stare at the polaroid she held in her hand. It was a picture of Austin, Andrew, Tony and I. The picture was relatively blurry though because Austin was spinning me around over his shoulders in the picture while Andrew was watching us. Tony was in the corner of the picture with a goofy look on his face. Once again, a picture that represented happiness.

"I promise you will like it here." She whispers while her thumb runs over Austin and I.
"Mom.." I wine out in a form of warning.
"No. You need to give it a chance Delilah. Please. You came backing thinking you're going to have a horrible time." She states and puts the picture down in my desk.
"Because I know I will! I don't want to be here." I repeat myself.
"Yes, I know. You've stated that already, but that's exactly what I'm talking about. You aren't giving it a chance. Not thinking positively." She says in stress. We stare at each other before I sigh out and break away.
"Fine, I'll give it a chance."
"Good! Because we are going to Emily's for a cook out tomorrow."
"What!?" I scream making me mom look at me blankly.
"They want to see you." She says.
"I don't care. I don't want to see them." I groan and cross my arms.
"Well you have no choice. I told them all you were coming." I could only glare at her.
"That wasn't your choice." I hiss.
"Yes it was. You're not 18 yet and you're living under my roof. You do as I say." She warns making me grow quiet. With that she left my room leaving me there with a mix of emotions.

Tomorrow came quicker than I wished it would. I spent the previous night having a mini panic attack on skype with Austin, who being the loving boyfriend he was, calmed me down.

"You have nothing to worry about babe. If anything just keep to yourself." He assures me while I get ready. We were currently on a Skype call.
"I'm going to try my best to keep to myself, but knowing all of them they won't let me." I groan before stripping down to where I was only wearing my underwear and bra. I walked to my dresser and took out a pair of denim shorts along with a salmon colored tank top before turning back to face the camera.

"Looking sexy like usual babe." Austin speaks out making me roll my eyes.
"Shut up." I say before slipping my shorts on along with the tank top.
"How's the weight gain regime going by the way?" He asks making me sigh. I was undoubtably an unhealthy skinny and it was thanks to my chemo and appetite loss. I wasn't very boney looking, but that didn't mean that my unusually wide thigh gap was still okay nor my thin stomach and waist. Austin tried not to mention it much because he knew it bothered me, but I knew he often worried about how thin I was. I was told by Tony that he often went for thicker and more voluptuous women, but that didn't mean he didn't like my body. He liked me for me.

"I'm trying to eat more, I really am. I downed two glasses of chocolate milk along with chocolate chip pancakes this morning. I tell him before picking up the labtop and resting it on my vanity, so I could do my makeup while giving him my attention.
"That's good, just don't force it if you don't feel good." He says and I nod while apply my mascara.
"Are you going to wear your wig?" He questions making me purse my lips.
"Nah. Even though I like it....a lot, it's annoying and a hassle. Besides, I rock the bald look." I say with confidence.
"That's my girl!" He says with a wide smile. I stare at his face on my computer. "What's with the frown?"
"I really miss you. I miss you, Andrew and Tony. Even Tiana." I say making him slightly laugh.
"Oh what would we do without Tiana." He chuckles before growing a little serious. "We will see each other soon. Everything will be okay."
"I hope so." I sigh and rub my head.
"DELILAH! LET'S GO!" My mother yells from downstairs. I frown at Austin, but he stares at me with a loving look.
"You'll be okay. Have fun. And actually try to enjoy yourself." He says making me lightly smile.
"I'll try. I love you."
"Love you too, I'll talking to you later."