Chapter 1

**before he left for collage**

"It's ok, just chase your dreams and you'll get to them." He started "Don't worry, nothing's going to happen to me or you. Everything's going to be alright."

I could feel the tears falling from my cheeks.

"Will we ever see each other again?" I asked, rubbing the tears off of my cheeks.

"Hell yeah!!"

I giggled but the giggle turned to sobs in a matter of seconds.

"Hey," he said "look at me."

I looked up at him and he cupped my face in his hands and kissed my forehead.

"Aleks, " he looked at me "have a good time in collage, don't get into too much trouble."

He hugged me and we sat in his room for a while. He was going to collage and I didn't know what the hell to do. Was I supposed to get him a gift? A pet? A cake? I should stop worrying. It's getting me no where.

"Ember, stop." He said.

"Stop what?"

"Stop worrying, you don't need to worry about anything. I can see it in you by just staring at your face, please, don't worry anymore."

"Aleks,"

"Yeah?"

I stayed in his arms for a little bit more and couldn't stop thinking.

"Ember?" He asked

"Yeah?"

"You were going to say something. What was it?"

"Oh, I was just saying, have a good time in collage. Don't get a girl pregnant and don't be too much of a trouble maker and don't ever leave somewhere without telling me." I said.

"Ok." He laughed.

God, I'm going to miss his laugh.

"I'll try." He smiled.

God, I'm going to miss that smile of his too.

"Well, you better be getting home, you can come over tomorrow to help me pack of you would like."

"Ok, what time do you want me over?"

"Any time. Do you still have the spare key to this house?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

He laughed again and drove me home.

I couldn't sleep, I was too sad, scared, and worried.

"Aleks, please, don't leave me." I whispered and then cried myself to sleep.

I couldn't sleep at all, so I just watched some of his brand new YouTube videos. My alarms went off at 5:00 am and so I just got ready and left for Aleksander's house. I put on a black beanie, grey pants, black combat boots and a Nobs 4 Lyf shirt for him, then I took off.

It was still dark outside, but that didn't really bother me, all I wanted to do was get to him. When I got to his house I unlocked his front door and locked it behind me. I didn't know what to do so I just started on his kitchen. The last time we cooked something in here together was just last week, we fixed pancakes and ended up getting it everywhere.

"Ember," I heard Aleks say.

I jumped and held out a knife.

"Shit, Aleks, be careful!!" I yelled at him, putting the knife back on the shelf.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a hug.

"I couldn't sleep at all, could you?"

"No, I was too sad." I giggled.