0.1

Note to Reader

It's hard to begin a story like this. It's a story that everybody thinks they want to hear until they understand what it actually is and what it actually means. I could start by telling you where I came from or where I was going; I could tell you about the memories held inside of the marks imprinted on my body, some horrible and others almost pleasant. I could tell you that watching over my shoulder every other second without looking suspicious became routine. I could tell you about how deep I tried to bury myself into my thin jacket as cold gusts of air came over me or how I tried not to wince with every step.

It's hard to start, much less tell a story like mine, but it must be done. I hope that you'll be able to take something away from my experiences. Maybe the place you live isn't like mine, but there's always something one must overcome. I suppose there's a degree of evil in every society like the one that I face, but perhaps it's hidden better. Or perhaps people have just grown bling to it.

I beg you. Please don't be blind to it. Don't be ignorant. It may not be what you think it is. Evil has a way of hiding in plain sight, tricking you into being against what is good.

-A