Chapter 04 - I'll Haunt You Down

Halloween, morning
Betty 11 y/o, Jughead 11 y/o
3rd pereon:

🎁✉️🎁

"as what are you dressing up this year, Juggy?" the blonde girl asked, sitting by her desk with the mirror where she already practiced a few times for casual make up and now for her Halloween make up "you still look gowgeous Betty, even undew this make up" Jughead said, sitting on her bed and just watching her.

"oh just shut up Jug!" she giggled and threw the first thing she could reach, which was her hair brush, at him. Jughead easily dodged and the brush flew against the wall. Today they were going to a labyrinth. It was scary but Betty and Jughead both loved mystery. Mystery, murder, crimes of course only in games or movies, not in real life.

"though, what is your answer, Juggy?" the blonde asked, turning around in her chair and facing her best friend, best friend with feelings for her. But he could have never told her that he had feeling for her. That was just a no-go. But deep down he really wished that Betty would have the same feelings.

"I don't know, I guess that I'll just suwpwise you" he finally answered. Jughead already knew that he would go as his favourite book character. Betty would have only said that it wasn't a costume for Halloween but Jughead didn't care. She always told him that a ghost would be easy, plus fitting for the Halloween theme.

"You won't go as this magician, right?" no Betts, I won't. I will go as a character of my favourite book. But I can't tell you because I know you won't like this idea, he couldn't say that. So instead he answered: "no, I won't, you have my wowd" which was the truth. But then Betty asked the question where Jughead had to lie.

"good, and also not as anyone close to a fictional character or an author, right?" she caught him. Betty just knew Jughead too well. They almost spend their whole life's together, so how is it possible not to know everything about eachother? That's the point because Jughead had a secret Betty didn't knew, obviously because if not it wouldn't be a secret anymore, right?

"Jug, don't tell me you will-" Betty started but got interrupted by her mother, who was getting into the room, luckily for Jughead. She didn't even knock on the door, but then she never does, before bursting in the room and not closing the door behind her. With a bright smile, she said "Jughead, your mom is here to pick you up" and then left the room with the same polite smile on her face.

She didn't have the smile on her face because she was happy that Jughead was finally leaving her daughter alone, no. At first it was just polite, secondly Betty was the happiest around Jughead and thirdly, if anything should ever happen then he for sure would protect his best friend, his best friend with feelings to be exact.

"bye Betts" Jughead said and the both of them hugged before he grabbed his backpack and left.

🎁✉️🎁

FP knocked on Alice's door. She just finished to put on the make up for Betty's costume. She was going as a evil tinkerbell. FP had his arm rested on Jughead's right shoulder. He was dressed as a kind of Peter pan, just a bit darker.

"dad, get away... You're wuining my costume" FP chuckled and said "oh boy, you have to learn, I'm just proud that you got yourself a girl" he rolled his eyes "still, take youw arm away" FP took his arm away and Jughead redid his costume in the right place. Just then Alice opened the door.

"FP" Alice hugged him "Jughead" she bend down to hug him as well but didn't, as he was glaring at her. So instead, cupped his cheeks and squeezed them. Jughead pulled away at her actions.