Chapter 11 - Conflicted

" Why do you think we have stopped? " Silver whispered.

Ashley now was on guard and was ready for something to happen.

" I think we have arrived at the Shadow realm".

-  -  -

Silver stood up and looked at every corner in the carriage . You couldn't tell where the doors were because since this was a spelled carriage all you could see were just metal walls all around you. It didn't look like that from the outside so that's why it was completely different on the inside. 

Unexpectedly a form emerged from the wall Silver stood next to. Silvers reflexes weren't quick enough because before he could strike the shadow down it was gripping his neck tightly with its hands.  As the form took shape it was unsurprisingly Cormac. Quickly the sound of choking once again filled the atmosphere .

" SILVER "! Ashley screamed

' I'm so useless without my powers , especially since my hands are bound - CRAP'

His trail of thought was cut short when Cormac threw him to the side and his back crashed into the metal wall. 

" Mind drive activate ". 

Cormac mumbled and clicked his fingers. At this signal Silver clutched his head and screamed in pain. His eyes were tightly shut and it was clear he was enduring pure agony through his mind. Ashley yanked on her heavy chains desperately .

" AHHHHH - NO STOP IT - COME BACK ARGG". 

Silver yelled , calling out desperately to something he was experiencing in his head. He crumpled further down to the floor and soon tears were escaping his eyes making Ashley's heart ache for his pain to stop. 

" Please stop this ! You have me right ? So leave him alone he has nothing to do with your plans !

Cormac raised an eyebrow .

" Aww don't tell me you've gotten softer since the last time we met . Although it'll make my job easier and this time I won't let you escape . Besides , the ash boy has much more involvement in this than you may think."

His signature grin returned as confusion settled over Ashley's face . He clicked his fingers once again and Silver's  screams of pain stopped and she could tell he would be out for a while. He passed out . Ashley knew too well of the effects of Cormacs abuse magic. 

"W-What do you mean ? I thought you only required my power only ... "

" Tch don't be so naive little assassin. His blood is the key to bringing our rightful leader back to life . You should be thankful - now that the Knights of the demon have acquired all the materials necessary you'll be able to kneel before our lord Lazarus when he returns . That is, if you survive long enough".

Cormac's cackle echoed throughout the carriage and sent shivers down Ashley's spine. Nothing was making sense to Ashley anymore -

' Just who exactly is Silver Draiger that he would be vital for the return of Lazarus? How is he involved ? Why his blood ? '

Melina let Cormac take the reigns at this point - she had better things to do. Her black hood covered her face as she leaned her back onto the carriage . She could hear what was being said from inside and as usual Cormac was toying with his prey. Wanting this process done quickly she knocked loudly on the wall .

" We're here , you can't stop messing around now ".

His cackle subsided and a groan of annoyance followed.  Cormac clicked his fingers and the frightened assassin passed out with in a blink of an eye. Ashley's head hung low and her body went limp. 

"I'll say when I'm done - don't forget who's in charge here ". He growled out loud , knowing Melina could hear him from inside. 

" And you shouldn't forget who's in charge of you either , Commander . You'll regret it if you make Lady Sabrina wait any longer . "

Cormac used his quantum tunneling magic to go through the metal walls of the carriage and step in front of Melina. He immediately wrapped his hand tightly around Melina's jawand tilted it upwards so he could look directly into her eyes. 

" Now you listen here you little brat  , I don't know what Sabrina did to your head when she trained you but I certainly don't like this new cocky bossy attitude. You need to learn your place here kid because we can easily get rid of you if we wish it ".

His fingers dug into her skin and then he finally let go of Melina. Her expression darkened but she said nothing. 

" Now we can proceed into my temple. I have waited long enough to teach your little assassin brat a lesson for defying me and the order of the Shadow realm."

" - What are you talking about ? My assassin brat ? I don't underst-"

" Your exactly like her , you know.  She'll figure out it eventually with or without that hood on".

Melina's body grew stiff and it looked like she had seen a ghost . Panic quickly slowed through her as well as anger because now Cormac had leverage over her with sensitive information. 

'Only Lady Sabrina knew of this so how the heck did Cormac find out ? This is bad - very bad' .'

" Don't worry , I wont tell her because she'll figure it out soon enough so I'll give you the pleasure of properly introducing yourself to her. " 

Cormac's sly grin grew bigger with his next statement.

" But if you don't tell her by the end of this week , I will tell her ". 

Melina held her head down in shame , not knowing what to do now. She didn't understand how Cormac found out and especially why she was feeling shameful in the first place. Melina made sure to get rid of her locket and destroy any conflicting feelings she had left. So why was she feeling like this now ? 

" Now go and retrieve our new and old prisoners. We have work to do - I hope your conflict doesn't jeopardize our mission."

Swiftly walking away from Melina and the carriage Cormac signalled the hidden shadow wizards to open the iron gate to them them pass. One shadow wizard appeared behind the gate as he opened it up. The man in black rags bowed his head but Cormac ignored it . 

" I see you have arrived with a carriage , assuming you have some wizards captured in there. Is it not the candidates Lady Sabrina asked to be escorted to the Nether house instead ?"

" I have business to take care of here first of all so it doesn't involve you being nosy about it. Go and tell Sabrina that they will arrive shortly at the Nether house but I am taking precautions to ensure the succession of our mission ".

" Very well , Commander Cormac. I will notify you have completed the task and will be arriving shortly."

The man bowed his head again and turned in the other direction off to his next task. Melina hopped on the driver's seat of the horse carriage and proceeded through the gates. 

' If destroying my necklace wasn't enough then I'll just have to destroy hers. Then I will be free of these incompetent emotions once and for all'.