Chapter One

Fours days

Spoiled with the treasures I received from my grand hustling. I scoffed as I opened the cedar door with large numbers that spell 47328942 - my HDC. Throwing the gold on the worn table, I pulled back the door to the covert and took a piece of the stale bread that made up my cabinet. I craved to spend the shining pieces of priceless jewels, but sighed knowing I needed to save the money for Seto. I perked my ears up hearing shuffling of numerous footsteps and quieted whispers. Grinning I snatched the small burlap sack and my bag. Then threw back the window and perched myself among the windowsill. Looking back I saw the SATI storm in. I stole a smug look, gave a small wave before releasing myself from the dusty boards as the bullets flooded above me.

Needing to see an old friend I hurried to the clinic. "Oh, Aislin, Seto is in room 201 today." Nodding I scurried to the third floor without saying a word to any of the nurses. I opened the wooden door and closed it back silently as possible.

"Child, you are loud." A husky voice called. I bowed as I entered and laughed.

"Only because you listen well, friend." I replied handing the blued haired man a glass of water. Seto gladly took it and nodded in return.

He sighed then began to clear his throat, "Lass, your father left you to me, as a guardian of course. But sickened by this muppeted virus I'm soon gone. We have no money and I know your doing shady things to keep me safe. My virus has leveled to a four." My heart dropped and I fell into a nearby chair as the dust flew past my eyes.

"No." I said flatly with a small tear running down my cheek.

"Yes, yes, yes, Aislin. I have a month."

"I only have you, Sir. I will find that cure and you will live. That is my promise to you."

"I'm saddened you tell me lies." I shook my head and sat the sack of coins on his lap before proceeding to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Uncle." I left. Without saying a word to anyone as I dragged my feet on the ground. I had no one left, no family, no friends, my uncle couldn't die. I pulled my hands down my face removing the salty tears that stained it. I was going to find that cure, even if it was going to kill me.

"Aislin, another round?" I shook my head.

"Sorry Sidon, low on cash." I replied as I turned my glass upside down.

"I see." Sidon replied with a small nod. His hazel marbles met mine and a small glint of mischief gleaming at me. "Look who walked in!" He called to a gentleman with gray wisps of hair flying from underneath his valor reddened hat. I nodded and smiled to Sidon whom smiled back.

"Say! Mr. Cabhan, would you be interested in a round of poker?"

The man grinned and cleared his throat, "Lass, I have a better offer. I come into this pub everyday for a glass of whiskey and you challenge me to the same game everyday. Now I challenge you, a game of chess betting ten Mares per game, I'll up the ainty and bet forty more each round you win." I gave him a smug look before sitting at the chess table.

"Challenged accepted, sir."

"Ah, good woman, How is your uncle." He said with a pitiful beam as he sat into the wooden chair.

"Not well. Not well at all." I said with a frown pulling out pieces and sighing as I looked into the man's eyes.

"It's all right dear." Cabhan moved his piece and I grinned.

"Wrong move, sir."

"Aye! I'm done hustling your money Mister Cabhan!" I called after three hours of straight chess. He nodded in agreement and stepped up from the dusty chair.

"A worthy opponent you are, madam." He took his hat that came off during the ninth round and pulled out a wad of cash then handing it to me. "Take care of your uncle." I gestured to the man and took the money and walked to Sidon. Handing him a few mares he smiled before throwing me bottle of water. "Aislin! Before you go, I have an offer."

"So many offers, I feel like a fair maiden." I threw over my shoulder opening the green door allowing light to flood into the dimly lit pub.

He chuckled and shook his head in silly disbelief, "You Blues, strange species you are." I cued in agreement. He stepped closer to me and leaned in. "A war is soon to become, I need you."

I licked my lips and thought carefully. "A war? In Apora? I find this hard to believe. We Blues and humans have been at peace here for centuries." I replied with a cross of my arms.

"Someone will bring war, i shouldn't say someone, something will bring chaos among our lands, Aislin."

"I see what your point is Mr. Cabhan. But how am I, a twenty-three year old, Blue going to stop a onslaught of a war?"

"You'll soon to find out your weapon my child. But all I ask for you now is your loyalty."

I bit my lip in inner conflict and unraveled my arms. "Mr. Cabhan, I've known you since I was a small child and you've done so much for me, but I cannot. I have my uncle to care for." I said with a slight nod.

"I seemed not to mention the fact I'll find the best doctor to cure your poor poor uncle."

"I will think about it." Is all i said before leaving the rundown pub and scouring to my hide out. I had no need throwing myself into Mr. Cabhan's shenanigans, though the man has done so much for me. Sighing i thought to myself, he could save Seto's life, but then again the virus in us Blues are very costly and in no way did i have so much trust in the man to do so. He could kill me for all I know. I have heard the tales of Mr. Cabhan slaying the people whom have yet to bow to his shining black shoes. God forbid I die and Seto die in a vain with my father and mother. I have to say yes to the man, I have no other way to save my uncle. I am alreadly indepth with debt and I am in no sign of ever being released from it. The risks were costly but the benfiets raised my interested, I had no choice. I was going to fight a war.

"Aislin. I know your up to something so tell me." Seto said his voice scratching against my fragile ears. I sighed and put my head into my palms.

"Cabhan wants my loyalty to fight a war." I replied in a tiresome voice. glancing upwards I saw my uncle shift uncomfortably and clear his voice.

"You can't keep me alive forever, Aislin."

"But you can't keep me from trying, uncle."

"I have to die at some point. you can't keep dragging out my death because your a coward!" Seto screamed at me. I bit my lip and stood up from my chair.

"I'll keep you alive however I want to." I said to him as I threw back the wooden door and paced down the white washed hallway. I am no coward. I'm fighting that damn war and that's final.