Chapter 3

Thanks for all the reviews, favorites and follows! Looking for a beta if anyone knows someone, or is a beta, that would be super helpful!

LJAG

Chapter 3

Blaise, Draco, and Theo, or my entourage as people like to call them, are standing with me along with Crabbe and Goyle as we wait for the entrance of the two other competing schools.

"Merlin this is boring" Draco sighs as we wait.

"Think anyone would notice if we snuck back inside?" asks Blaise.

Theo answers with a grin "Most definitely. There are many eyes focused on the king of Slytherin"

"Thank you for your sarcasm Theo" I drawl, "As 'boring' as this may be, it is still wise to get the first look at our rival schools. We can find out much from a first appearance. Remember, we are here to gain allies and weed out the undesirables"

"You're right" Blaise sighs as the others nod their head in agreement.

The two incoming schools have wasted no time in showing just how big of an impression they are trying to make. Durmstrang comes in by underwater boat and Beauxbatons comes in by a winged horse-drawn carriage.

Overcompensating much?

I seem to be already growing irritated as I see the smug smiles come from Beauxbatons male and females. The veelas are also annoyingly upbeat as they blast their seductive aura. It might have been enticing if it wasn't so overwhelming. It's like choking from too much perfume.

Crabbe and Goyle are done for and utterly trapped in the veela haze. Blaise and Theo are holding up nicely as they focus on their occlumency shields. Draco however, is beginning to falter. So I help my friend and give him a little shove with some magic. He stumbles forward and looks for his attacker. When he sees none, he meets eyes with me and sighs before clearing his head and putting up his mind shields.

Durmstrang has the same air of confidence, but at least they are not so upfront about it. They are more like cadets, with a sense of honor and controlled emotion. Much less irritating than Beauxbatons, but it still looks like they all have a stick up their butts.

"Alright, I have seen enough. Do what you'd like, I am heading in" I tell them as my entourage decides to join me while dumb and dumber are still standing there helplessly.

"It's nice to know not all the men in our house are playthings for those harpies" Tracey jokes as we make our way past her and her friends.

"We much rather be staring at ...other girls" I reply quickly and meet eyes with Tracey, before looking over at Daphne, who looks away and pretends to not notice me.

"You alright Draco? I saw you stumble back there" asks a concerned Pansy.

"I am fine Parkinson" he replies hotly until I give him a look.

"Thank you for your concern though" he adds half-seriously, but it still does enough to get the other girl to smile.

"We bid you ladies farewell" I bow slightly with a smirk as we are about to head out.

"And just what might you and your little posse be up to?" Tracey asks with a smile.

I return it with gusto, "Now where would be the fun in telling you that?"

"Touche" she ends with a laugh.

It's the night before the drawing of the goblet and I am making my way home, having just escaped Hogwart's advanced security. The welcoming of the two houses boiled down to another pissing match.