The Selection (1)

"How many times do I have to tell you not to get involved in any fights?" Jinyoung asked pressing a cloth to Mark's bottom lip.

The young brunette winced slightly before pushing Jinyoung's hand away. "I appreciate your concern Jinyoung, but they're the ones who started it. They came out of nowhere and you can't be upset if I was only protecting myself."

Jinyoung crossed his arms over his chest. "Protecting yourself?" he hissed quietly not wanting to wake up the twins in the other room. "You could have killed him Mark. Just because we're not fully mortal doesn't mean we can use our strength whenever we like. There are lines that aren't meant to be crossed. Do you understand?"

Mark sighed waving his hand around. "Yeah yeah whatever. All I know is that guy got what he deserved if you ask me. You should be thankful I didn't use Lunar Eclipse on his sorry butt."

The raven haired male sighed, "I don't know why I even bother trying to explain these things to you." Jinyoung stood up and walked into the open kitchen, Mark following behind him.

He watched as Jinyoung washed his hands before turning to start the microwave that held both of their soups.

"Mai and Trevor are doing well academically wise but they're survival training has a few setbacks," Jinyoung said filling the empty silence. "Besides that why don't you tell me what's bothering you."

Mark blinked, "Nothing's wrong-"

"You're aura says differently," the older male interrupted, "What's wrong?"

Mark cursed Jinyoung's aura reading techniques. "It's about the selection tomorrow evening," he began, "I'm just worried about it is all."

"What part of the selection are you worried about?" Jinyoung asked calmly as the microwave gave a soft beep.

"All of it. You know as well as I do that people 10 and older are eligible to participate in it."

"And you're worried Mai or Trevor will be selected," Jinyoung filled in placing a bowl of soup in front of Mark. "You have nothing to worry about."

Mark hated how calm Jinyoung always seemed to be, even in the worst situations. It annoyed him to no ends. "Nothing to worry about? Jinyoung they're on 11 years old," Mark hissed, "The thought of either of them having to serve that...that monster. The thought is sickening. Who knows what that guy does to the person who is selected."

Jinyoung quietly thanked the gods for the food before he began to eat. "Like I said, you have nothing to worry about. Now sit and eat. It's going to be a long day tomorrow."