.one.

Marlo

After wasting a majority of my twenties on a man who was clearly out doing him with no remorse, I decided it was time for a change. I was tied down to one of the top players under 25. Sean Johnsen, the number one draft pick of 2011 stole my heart during a simple college visit. He carried himself like a man. In fact, I didn't learn his true age until a month into us talking. Of course by then I'd already fallen for him. But I should have known that he was no good.

He had a way with words that could confuse the smartest of souls. He had mastered this art of the technicality. When I asked if he attended SGSU, he said he went to another school and was just visiting. Technically, he didn't lie but he neglected to inform me that he was in high school. Same with his age; he was legal in the voting sense but not the drinking. I never thought to ask for ID because his vibe was just so mature. Him fucking forty year olds probably had a lot to do with that.

That venture never stopped, even when we were together. As a matter of fact, he fucked another woman on our wedding day. She came to me as a woman, pregnant, with video evidence. Being the problem solver I am, I paid for her abortion and used the video as blackmail in case she ever tried to go public. See, she wasn't innocent in the situation. While she was getting her adulterous life in the kitchen during my reception, her husband was in the hospital battling a severe case of pneumonia. The real kicker is that she came as a plus one with his "lesbian" aunt.

Disregard the fact that he fucked her as well.

See, he put me through the worst when it came to his infidelity. From babies to bold groupies, I handled it all. Took all the bullshit on the chin and kept it moving. I was truly dumb for him. I believed every word, even when solid evidence was placed in front of me.

Looking back, I was probably reluctant to let go because I had put so much work into the relationship. The long nights typing his papers, sneaking into lectures to help him cheat on tests, countless hours in the gym. I endured all that and more. It was me that dressed him and prepped him for interviews. I helped him practice the perfect answers. I got him to practice on time.

I'll be damned if someone gets my hard work without a fight.

I guess there was one thing I could thank his team for; the prenup. They thought they were securing his future by having me sign it. In reality, it saved mine. While he was out playing, I was building and investing. Never a dumb girl, I knew there was a possibility that I'd be out on my own. I just made sure that I had a cushion to land on. And my cushion was beautiful.