fifteen 🗝

As soon as the ring bells for dismissal, Chungha exits the room. She ignored Hyunjin's calls and proceeded to the studio in the college department.

She was friends with some of the students in the Dance Club at the college department so she asked if she could practice there.

She'd rather practice alone than practice with Hyunjin right now.

Chungha played some music and started to dance. She couldn't get that scene out of her head earlier. The scene where Nancy was flirting with Hyunjin and he just lets her.

She stopped and stared at herself in the mirror. What does Nancy have that I don't?

She suddenly remembered her date with Chani last night. It was fun, she admits that and Chani was a great guy but she likes someone else and -

"Ah shit," She trips and stumbles on the ground. Good thing she has good reflex or else she would've hit the floor with her head.

Chungha grabs her ankles and she sighed softly noticing it wasn't sore.

"He's looking for you everywhere," She heard a voice from behind. She turned around and found Seungmin at the door.

Chungha moves toward the wall and rested her back. "He can look for me for all I care,"

Seungmin sits down beside her, "You know, you can just quit the pageant if you want. I'm sure someone is ready to take your spot,"

She eyed Seungmin, "I can't. It won't look good on my reputation -"

"It's not looking good for you either." Seungmin turns her around to face the mirror. "Look."

Chungha noticed the bags under her eyes, "What am I supposed to be looking at?"

"You haven't been sleeping right."

"I can't sleep at night."

"Because of Hyunjin?"

"I-"

"Chungha." Seungmin calls out, "If you want to let something off your chest, speak out. We're your friends for a reason. I know how much you like him and how being partnered up is getting difficult for you but -"

"But what?" She faced him. "You think just because I expressed the pain I'm feeling, it'll just go away?!"

"It won't go away, but at the very least it'll get better. You don't have to face it on your own."

Chungha has gone quiet and the tears started to fall one by one. Seungmin pulled her towards him as she rested her head on his chest, "Sshh, I'm here. We all are."

That night was probably the night that Chungha cried the loudest.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Hyunjin tapped his fingers on the table as he waits for Seungmin and Chungha to arrive in the dorm.

"Will you stop?" Jiwoo calls out. "The cats are already asleep and if they wake up, you'll be the one chasing them."

Hyunjin groans, "It's just - what's taking Seungmin and Chungha so long to come home? It's almost 10pm."

"Maybe Chungha knows you're here and doesn't want to go home yet?"

"She's been ignorning me ever since I stood her up for practice to have a date with Nancy,"

Minho pricked his forehead making the boy flinch in surprise, "And now you're wondering why she's been avoiding you."

"Ahh - but hyung! I was getting bored and I haven't had a proper date in weeks because of this pageant thing."

Jiwoo raised an eyebrow, "How are you ever going to get a proper girlfriend if you act like that?"

"Don't mind him." Minho says, "He doesn't even know the meaning of the word proper."

"Like you know, hyung?" Hyunjin spats back.

Minho glared at him and stands up, "You better get your act straight, Hyunjin. Or else."

"Or else what?" Hyunjin asked but Minho was already walking up the stairs. He faced Jiwoo, "Noona, do you think I'm an asshole?"

Jiwoo looked up from her notes, "Do you want me to answer that?"

Before Hyunjin could say anything, the door opened revealing Chungha. He walked towards her, "H-hey, I've been looking for you every -"

"Let's just practice tomorrow. I'm tired." Chungha whispers, wiping her eyes.

"Wait," Hyunjin grabs her arm, "Have you been crying?"

"No," Chungha sniffed, "There was just a dust in my eye -"

"Chungha..." He whispers. Even though he and Chungha had multiple fights, he still cared for the girl and she was important to him. "Did - did I make you cry again?"

The moment Hyunjin laid his eyes on her red puffy ones, it was the first time his heart broke.