10

Life showed that Lin ShuYi not only had a foodie’s heart but also a stomach of steel. When the two left Fisherman’s Dwelling, Lin ShuYi
was already full with a round stomach, but when they came across a
sweets shop, Lin ShuYi still turned around, throwing it multiple glances. For that, Shen Fu could only look on in awe.

When they got back, Lin ShuYi was only able to take a shower before falling asleep. As per usual, Shen Fu nested on the sofa and slept while aching all over. This wasn’t a long term solution. Shen Fu widened his eyes, stretched out his arms, and then…got a cramp.

The next day, Lin ShuYi woke up early and saw for once Shen Fu waking up before him while carrying two massive dark eye circles.

“I’m going to the restaurant,” said Lin ShuYi.

Shen Fu didn’t talk nor tease, simply nodded seriously.

Lin ShuYi wasn’t surprised with his sudden change of attitude. Shaking the keys in his hand, he said,

“Should I lock the door?”

Shen Fu shook his head seriously.
After yesterday afternoon, Lin ShuYi felt that Shen Fu wasn’t as annoying as before, so he didn’t bother him anymore and left. Just as Lin ShuYi left, Shen Fu sat on the sofa with a grunt and pulled out his phone. He swore he was never going to sleep on the sofa again.

By the time Lin ShuYi arrived at the restaurant, old man Yang was already up. He probably thought that Lin ShuYi was going to be late, but who knew that his internal alarm was scarily accurate.

“Xiao Yi, where’s that brother of yours?”

It took a while for Lin ShuYi to realize who this ‘brother’ was and by the time he figured it out, his face darkened,

“Still sleeping.”

Old man Yang smiled,

“Youngsters these days should be like that, how come you’re always up so early?”

Before Lin ShuYi could say anymore, Shen Fu walked inside, smiling and fully refreshed.

“Grandpa.”

“Oh, you’re here. We were just talking about you and now you’re here. Why are you up so early as well?”

Shen Fu walked beside Lin ShuYi and suddenly wrapped his arm around his shoulder saying,

“I saw both grandpa and Xiao Yi were
working hard, so I thought I should come by and help.”

Now Lin ShuYi’s expression was even darker than before. He wanted nothing more than to throw the arm around his shoulder into a pot and boil it into soup.

In old man Yang’s eyes, this was a scene of brotherly love. He didn’t notice Lin ShuYi’s uncomfortable expression at all and said what a smile,

“There’s nothing I need help with, it’s just the usual. I thought Xiao Yi was going to sleep a bit more, but who would’ve thought that you both got up so early. You brothers really have a
good relationship.”

Shen Fu replied with a smile, completely ignoring Lin ShuYi’s silent
protest,

“Of course.”

Lin ShuYi thought that Shen Fu was just making small talk when he said he was going to help, but to think he really did grab a knife and start cutting after watching them for a bit.

His hands didn’t look like a pair of working hands, but he was so efficient that it even took old man Yang by surprise.

Even the most difficult to cut meat was well-behaved in his hands. From slices, to strips, to finally uniformed cubes, it was perfect for the Minced Pork Noodles. Even Lin ShuYi looked at him with new eyes.