22

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu finally thought of a solution.

When Ryan wandered back over to her side, she held back the pain in her belly and grabbed his tail with one hand, closed her eyes, and searched for a corner in her space, where she then put him.

This entire action was done smoothly.

She was relieved to exchange the tampons, but the pain in her abdomen was still unbearable.

It felt like an invisible hand was tearing through her pelvis, crushing her entire body.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu wanted to burn some hot water. Whether it was to drink or warm her belly, it would be more comfortable than now.

Avoiding the trouble her leopard could came, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu did not release him from her space.

Outside it was still snowing and her body was uncomfortable. Instead of going out to collect snow to boil, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu took a large bottle of mineral water out of her space and poured half of it into an aluminum pot. She set it on the burner to let it boil.

The stove could be used for a long time, but the gas tank was limited and once it was exhausted, she wouldn’t be able to start a fire.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu did not know how long it could be used, but she had about 10 gas cans in her space.

When the water boiled, Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu poured the hot water into a thermos. Drinking a few sips herself, she then tightened the lid and held the canister to her lower abdomen.

The heat seeped into her skin and spread across her hips, easing the constant pain a little.

Unfortunately, there was no brown sugar or ginger in the space, of she could have boiled it in to alleviate the dysmenorrhea*. Brown sugar and ginger water was much more effective than just regular water.

*

Was anyone else aware that this is the scientific term for menstrual pain?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu slowly sighed.

Before, she had once heard someone saying that their period hurt so much that they couldn’t stand up.

At the time, the concept was vague, but now that it was really her turn to feel it, she only just realized how unbearable the pain really was.

Here, the winter was so cold. Without heating and brown sugar water, was her later periods going to hurt this much?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu could not imagine it.

After this winter, she must set out as early as possible to head east and find that turtle called Pat. . .

To find the way home. . .

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu laid down on the bed and stared in puzzled bewilderment at the ceiling.

When she returned to awareness, the hot water on her belly had long gone cold and she sat up suddenly, remembering that Táo Táo was still in her space.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu put the cup aside and quickly went to free the leopard from her space.

However, she looked around attentively but the place she had put the leopard was empty.