57

【螳螂捕蝉 – Mantis Stalking The Cicada】

Laurence wasn’t dead???

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu remembered being seriously injured by Laurence, and when she woke up, she never asked about his whereabouts.

She had subconsciously thought that he had been resolved by Ryan. . . if he wasn’t dead, why was he coming back now?

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu’s heart sunk and her little hand at her side trembled slightly. She lifted it to cover her stomach.

Though it had faded, there were three clear, hideous claw marks.

She saw them every time she took a bath. An inch above her navel, her scars were ugly and alien to the rest of her skin.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu once asked Batan about getting rid of scars, and he told her about several herbs that could help fade the scars.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu tried them one by one, but it was a pity. The scar only faded a little and turned pinkish, but it was still there and visible at a glance.

There was no laser scar removal and the medicine here was very limited. It was impossible to completely erase those three scars.

Now, at the mention of Laurence, there was a dull pain there.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu also wanted to ask what the problem was, but the beastman had turned away to continue searching for Ryan.

Jǐ Xiǎo Ōu had to stay in the courtyard and anxiously wait for news on Ryan.

Meanwhile, at the edge of Camuda Valley.

An agile black figure stood at the top of a tree, his tail sweeping silently behind him. His amber pupils stared at the leopard tribe that was walking toward him.

Suddenly, his eyes shifted to the leopard that stood in front and, snarling his sharp teeth, he jumped down!

The panther attacked without warning, waning to rush Ryan. Ryan jerked back several steps.

The panther threw a blank stare at him and stopped a few paces ahead.

Ryan stood still, watching the black leopard in front of him, and blinked, “Laurence?”

In the next instant, Laurence transformed into his human form. He was slender and wore black leather, his facial features cold with indifference.

His lips quirked up and he said, “Sorry to let you down, Ryan. I’m still alive.”

His head was once slammed by Ryan’s claws, and he was thrown down the hillside, where he remained half-dead in a coma for three days and three nights.

Fortunately, there was a cave below the hill with a rotted snow leopard corpse inside it.

The snow leopard had been dead for several days. Perhaps because the cave was well hidden, the body hadn’t been carried off as prey. Laurence didn’t care if he was bitten to death by wild animals, or for whatever reason. But he relied on the body of his companion and survived the deadliest of days because of it.