Chapter 2

Morgan laid down on the baby blue sheeted guest bed, facing the ceiling, hands over chest. Her parents had been gone for three days. A family emergency. Her brother was staying at an old friend's house out of state for a week, maybe more. She was alone while her stuff came from her apartment. For now, there was unopened boxes and a suitcase with clothes sprawled all around it. She wasn't ready to make this move into her parents home permanent. Hopefully she can find a space in the next week or two.

"I'm bored," Stitches complained.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was a five year old living inside my conscious," Morgan retaliated, irritated.

"Well then, didn't realize I was stuck with a bit-"

"Hey, watch it."

"Look, you knew this was gonna happen. You'd have to depend on your parents to keep you on two feet-"

"I'm not depending on them. Something came up that I couldn't take care of at the time, my parents offered to help, I finally took up their offer."

"After almost being kicked out twice and losing a job."

"None of that was even my fault!" She rolled to her side and clutched onto a pillow. "None of this was supposed to happen..."

"Look at this. You now live closer to your boyfriend!"

"He's not my boyfriend Stitches. You've been saying that for more years than I've bothered to count."

"Look, until you two have a one night stand-"

"You're so gross-"

"- and don't clear that musty and foggy air, then I'm going to assume that you two love birds are waiting until marriage and living happily ever after."

"He's my best friend. We've talked about this. I'm not interested in him, he's not interested in me."

"Are you sure about that?"

"I'm positive I don't-"

"Not your feelings idiot," Stitches interrupted her. "His."

"What?"

"You've never asked him how he feels. I've seen love in different lives, and whether or not you or others can realize it, that boy is head over heels for you. He just shows it differently."

"And what's your evidence?"

"He's bought you better equipment for you when you can't afford it-"

"It's called being a good friend-"

"He's offered you to move in with him-"

"Friend!" She tried to exclaim, but she lost confidence.

"And he's always admiring you, staring into your eyes with a longing of love and protection, studying your lips when you talk-"

"Enough." Morgan stood up all of a sudden and clenched her hands. "He's not-"

"Not what? How do you-"

"He can't be in love with me! OK! I can't be in love with him... I-I'm not ready for something like that." They both were quiet for awhile until Morgan took out her phone.

"This is why we don't talk," Morgan muttered. Stitches sighed.

"Yeah..."

"I'm going to watch YouTube in peace. Don't say anything."